Three

Faith hadn't been herself since Will had told her he had to go away. She had hardly talked to her parents which upset them both dearly.

When morning came, Will and Ella were sitting in bed. Will sighed. "I can't go. Not if Faith is going to be upset," he said.

"You have to go. You've been summoned," Ella mumbled. She didn't want Will to go but she knew he would get into trouble if he didn't.

Will again sighed. "Ella, our daughter has become mute. She won't talk. That's more important than going away," he said.

"She'll be okay. I've asked Charles to talk to her," Ella said.

Will nodded. Ella smiled and kissed him.
"I love you so much," she said.

"I love you too."

The two of them made out passionately. Both of them wanted each other. Faith was still fast asleep.
"Should we try it?" Ella asked him.

Will smiled. "If you want to."

Ella grinned and kissed him. Will kissed her back passionately. He got on top of her.

As they began to make love, they heard a movement coming from downstairs. Will pulled out of Ella and grabbed his trousers.

The two of them went downstairs. Faith was standing on a chair in the kitchen. "What are you doing little lass?" Will asked.

Faith stayed quiet but she pointed at the frying pan. Ella smiled. "I think she wanted breakfast."

Faith nodded. Will scooped her up and took her to the living room.

Faith said nothing as she sat on will's lap. She cuddled into him though. Will kissed her head.
"I'm sorry baby but I have to go," Will mumbled.

"I want you," she mumbled.

"I know. But it can't be."

Faith got up and sat in the corner of the room with one of her teddies. Will sighed.

He didn't want his daughter to not talk to him but he knew she was upset about him having to go.

Ella called them in for breakfast. Faith carried her teddy with her. "Faith, you have to put your teddy away while you're eating," Will said.

Faith shook her head and mumbled. Ella sighed. "Faith, come on. Daddy loves you."

Faith started to cry. She looked at Will. "Don't go Daddy," she mumbled.

Will and Ella's hearts broke. Will pulled Faith on to his lap. He held her tightly.
"Shh," he whispered. Faith cried into him.

Ella gave Faith some extra bacon.
"Charles is on his way," she said.

Faith nodded and smiled slightly. Will kissed her head.
"Daddy will be home from the navy by Christmas," Will promised her.

"When will Lights come?" Faith mumbled.

"He'll be here soon," Ella said a she kissed her daughters head.

Faith nodded and ate what she could. Will sighed and ate his food too. The only reason he was going to fight was to keep his family safe.

***
Faith and Ella were sitting in the garden. "Hullo."

"Ighty!"

Faith ran over to him. Charles picked her up. "Hello little one."

Faith smiled. She looked at him.
"My Daddy Leave me," she mumbled.

Charles sighed and sat down with her on the grass.
"He has to to keep you and mummy safe," he told her.

Faith was confused. Charles tried to explain it to her in a simple way.

Will and Ella watched them from the kitchen. Will hugged Ella when he saw her distraught.
"I hate seeing my baby so upset," she mumbled.

"I know. It will all be okay. I promise you."

Ella looked at him. She didn't want to lose Will. "What if we lose you?" She asked.

"You won't Ella. I promise."

Ella looked at him. "I remember when you said that on the Titanic," she mumbled.

"Aye. And I'm still here aren't I?" Will asked.

Ella nodded and cuddled into him. "Faith and I, we will miss you," she said.

***
Charles and Faith were sitting on the grass. "I'll look after your daddy."

"Why?"

"Because I'm going with him too," Charles said.

Faith began to cry. She got up and ran inside. Charles sighed and ran after her.

Faith hugged Ella's legs and cried hard. Ella lifted her up and held her close.
"Daddy and Ighty stay," Faith sobbed.

Ella tried to calm her down. Charles felt awful. He went over to Faith and kissed her forehead.
"Shh. I'm going to be home at Christmas. Me and you will play games at Christmas," he said.

"Will you?" Faith asked.

Charles nodded and smiled. "Of course. Someone has to stop your mummy from burning the food," he said.

Faith giggled. She rested her head on Ella's shoulder. Ella sighed.

How was Ella going to cope?