11

PINK SKIES
eleven | gone

youth / shawn mendes & khalid

"UBER FOR MISS REDIRICK?" ethan says taking my bags, i laugh at his humor and open the car door and wait for him to finish.

"hows sweden? i bet it's chilly" he drives out of lax and onto the highway, the sea of cars crowding every part of the road was a sight i wish i never have to see on a day to day basis

"its freezing!" he laughs and swerves a couple of cars in the way,

im back.

i would be lying if i said that i missed him, i really do.

his blue ones staring into my green ones would be a perfect sight to see, his cheesy pick up lines, weird restaurants that we ended up loving the food inside, and his face, buried between my legs as his tongue flicks into me over and over.

his parents were something else, they were actual parents who doesn't throw their child like a toy away. sadly, i haven't got the chance of meeting his grandparents.

i bet they're nice, welcoming and warm hearted.

his friends, he got great people around him, wish i have those kind of people who stays with you no matter what.

he has everything.

"tell me about sweden allia, im curious." ethan locks his eyes onto the road while asking the question

"it was kinda fun?"

"what do you mean 'kinda fun?'" he furrowed his eyebrows and glances at me for a second, "i don't know... the food was great and the scenery was top notch" i smile reminiscing the day we explored the city, the tall buildings and little swedish shops around the corner.

the big hills of land over the horizon while the sun was setting, was beautiful.

"anyways, gotta drop these resignation papers off to the shop" he points at the compartment

"who is gonna take my orders now?" i whine "trisha? or haven? they know you" he smirked while parking the car outside the cafe and searches for the papers, "you don't mind if you wait here right?"

"nope" i popped the letter 'p' at the end and he nods

PINK SKIES

"how did you even find his place?" i asked looking around the beautiful bar and resto in the middle of los angeles, you could even see the ocean looking over.

this guy could be very secretive and open sometimes, he's complicated for short.

"google?" he laughed taking a sip from his drink while not breaking his contact from me, i was expecting a shade of blue but all i got was... hazel.

"pretty views but a lot of ugly people am i right?" he nods and looks over the ocean.

"how's that jakob man, is he treating you good?" his voice was more deeper than it was, running his fingers through his black locks and looked back at me.

i slightly open my mouth but ended up not saying something, im not gonna tell him we broke up because he got back to his ex. this man is gonna rip him open.

"just what i expected..." he murmurs taking a bite of his burger, "what do you mean?" i asked furrowing my brows and slowly place my food back to its plate.

"by the look on your face, you two broke up right?" he takes a fry from the side

"this fry, to be short is your trust for him. once it breaks-" he slowly bend the yellow food, the grease coming out as i directly looked at the fry.

"its gone, he's gone. your heart is fragile, you were vulnerable and he took advantage of it." he sets the fry down and I'm left speechless.

"let me guess, you gave him all you got huh?" i nod, my head hung low.

"does it hurt?"

it does hurt, giving all, but ended up receiving nothing in return. giving your full trust and that trust ended up being broken.

"it hurts like a bitch" i snap and grabbing a tissue from the side, "whoa whoa, hold on. you cut yourself?" he grabs my wrist "im fine just eat your burger" i pry out of his grasp and massage it under the table.

he sighs and eats the rest of his burger, "you know allia, cutting yourself will just make it worse"

"i don't care"

"you act like a white girl who hasn't got their daily dose of coffee" he laughs making me smile, i eventually gave in and chuckled.

"what I'm trying to say is forget him, start a new chapter in life. go back to university and graduate maybe he's just a no man. youll find someone more, more than him you know, someone who will love you no matter what, doesn't cheat on you because he's tired of you."

"and for starters, we have to drink and forget right?" i click my glass against his and took a sip.

"right."