Chapter Twenty-Two

Waking up at around eleven I hear a loud thud. I quickly get out of bed and walk over to Sam's door.

"Sam?" I say knocking on the door. The door opens and he looks at me.

"Yep?" He says all causally.

"What was that thud?"

"My shirt fell....." He says looking down. I give him a confused look and cross my arms.

"But it was louder than just a shirt."

"I was in the shirt." Sam says laughing, "my crutch for caught on the chair." He says walking back over to his bed leaving the door open.

I laugh a little too before walking into his room. He sits on his bed and puts his crutches against the bed.

"You want to work on your walking skills soon? The living room has the most space." I ask looking over at him. He looks back at me and nods while smiling.

"Yeah that sounds good. We can't work to much though. The doctor says we have to take it easy but in three weeks we can work longer."

"That's fine. I'm gonna get dress and we can start working." I say getting up and walking outside the door.

I change quickly and go back to Sam's room and help him down the stairs. Once we make it the living room I grab some breakfast for the two of us.

"Are you two working today?" Corey asks coming in the kitchen from the living room.

"Yeah. We are using the living room if that's okay?"

"Yeah I was just on my phone. Use what ever space you need." Corey says grabbing a water and heading back to the living room.

I look over at Sam and he looks at me. We keep starring at each other until I notice a faint blush. I smile and look away.

"Okay let's go." I say walking into the living room with Sam behind me. He puts his crutches against the wall and uses the wall as support.

"Okay Sam try standing without the wall for support." I say as I watch him let go of the wall and stand in a awkward stance. I smile since he's trying.

"Okay now try walking forward." I say. He takes a couple steps before he grabs the wall and catches himself.

"It's fine. Try walking one more time." I say. He lets go of the wall and starts walking until he falls. I quickly catch him in my arms before he could fall. Although I'm sitting on the floor now and he's basically sitting on my lap.

"Thanks." He says looking at me. I look at him and my breath hitches. I smile awkwardly.

"Y-yeah no problem." I say. We continue starring at each other until I break the silence.

"W-wanna work some more?"

"I'd rather do this." Sam says as he puts his hand behind my neck and he pulls me in for a kiss. I kiss back immediately.

Once we pull away I look into his eyes and smile. I look up and see Corey smirking as a smiling Elton is by the door.

"I'm glad you're here Colby." He whispers.

"I'm glad your here too." I say softly.

The end.

________________________

Making a sequel!

It'll be called "Reattached"

It will be up tomorrow so keep a eye out!