Chapter 15: Bubbling Frisk

7:50 . . .

Frisk wanted to laugh at the funny expression on Sans' face when Gloria was standing right beside her, with the tiara. He couldn't ask any questions yet either, so it was probably really bugging her little puzzler. Even though he couldn't technically make expressions, his little light guiders were darting all over the place, and were much larger than usual. Even Papyrus was scratching his head, trying to figure out this one.

As 7:55 rolled around, all three of them met in the middle.

"There has been a change that makes us must speak to one another as per the rules," Asriel stated to Sans. "I married another woman."

"Mmmm, seeing that. Frisk's original hair color?"

"Yes. I took a second wife, so I had to share more energy."

" . . . kay."

"Frisk is going to be my friend wife," Asriel said.

" . . . uh."

"Don't worry, Sans the Skeleton," Gloria spoke up. "You don't have to feel forced to take Frisk." She patted Frisk's head, annoying her slightly. "I'm fine sharing my hub-hub, because I'm the only one hub-hubbing him."

Asriel started to laugh. "That's not royal!"

Gloria shrugged. "I'm learning?"

" . . . kay?" Sans said. "Okay. Gloria is obviously your first wife."

"Yes. I am doing everything with her that I would need to do with my wife. Frisk is simply going under 'wife of royal interest' until the contract is up. After that, she will be an official friend wife."

Huh. Funny. Frisk had so little of Sans' power, and yet it was like she felt relief from him. Why would he feel relieved? Nothing really changed.

"Hey, hey, that's great!" Sans grabbed Gloria's hand and shook it excessively. "Couldn't be more pleased to meet you, Princess Gloria!"

"Whoah. I'm not used to the title yet." Sans was still shaking her hand.

"Well, you'll get there, know ya will!" Then, Sans scooped up Frisk, with one hand, and grabbed Asriel's hand with his other. "Congrats! You know how hard it is to figure out love from instinct? The fact you actually could pull away from instinct long enough really proves that's true love. Good for you, Prince Asriel." He lifted Frisk lightly. "I need to go take my luggage now. Thanks for making it travel size."

"Oh my gaw, I just made that joke!" Gloria laughed. "Bye, Frisk, have fun in Waterfall."

"Waterfall?"

"Yes, the reason this conversation needed to be initiated," Asriel said, "was that I don't want any residue from me on Frisk. It's not appropriate to my first wife since Frisk will be my friend wife. So, you need to do what I was going to do before Frisk had a tough moment last night."

"Why?" Frisk asked. "What were you going to do?"

"Lay his hands on the water . . ." Gloria made the movement of her hands spreading out. " . . . it builds up steam and heat and energy. You get in the bath, naked. Removes any residue that's built up, or would have built up."

"Uh?" What?

"Come on. You've missed hot baths anyway, right?" Gloria teased her.

"Naw, I can't afford that. She also doesn't want to go there. Besides, um?" Sans voice sounded strange. "Are you nuts?!"

"You have to remove reside, it's in the rules," Asriel reminded him. "And I am not dealing with taking care of her residue from you. She is my friend wife as well as my wife's friend. So, this has to cease. Take her and end the residue nonsense."