If only we could've met sooner, it would've been over

Andy's side of flashback to 8th grade:

What the hell, I thought as my phone rang for the fourth time. Rolling over I saw that it was Finley. Shit, I thought as I answered and missed the call, redialing the number I heard Finley on the other end crying.

'Hold on Finley, I think someone is breaking into my house.' suddenly the voice got louder and I realized that Finley was in house. Walking into the kitchen, I realized that Finley looked even more beautiful with the rain in her hair. I also realized that I was standing in front of the girl that I loved in boxers and a falling in reverse T-shirt.

'What are you doing here,' my voice slurred from just waking up. Her voice was barely a whisper and she refused to turn into the light. What had happened to my beautiful angel? Who would ever hurt her or threaten to destroy her? I reached for the kitchen light, her face is what shocked me the most. she had bruises appearing all over and her arms were marked up.

'Seriously, Finley? I hope you realize what you're doing not only hurts you but pains me to watch you do this.' She looked at me and burst into tears, 'I'm such a screw up. I can't do anything without my parents hurting me or hurting myself. What the hell is wrong with me.' Her tears soaked my shirt and I let her cry her heart out into my shirt.

What was wrong with me? The girl that I had loved since we were friends was sitting here crying, soaking wet, and damaged and all I could do was let her cry. Get a hold of yourself, I yelled at myself. After Finley had cried it all out, I offered for her to stay the night like we used to. She didn't reject the offer and got under the covers. After she was asleep, I carefully crawled into the bed. She quickly put her head on my chest and I knew I wasn't going to resist liking her.

Laying there that night I put myself through the wringer thinking about Finley, what I knew about her and what I didn't but wanted to know.