Keep it shut

John pov

"Calm down." They were in their little rockers, and I couldn't do anything about their crying. They don't drink bottle milk unless it's April's.
"It's okay, calm down because daddy got you." I rubbed their tummy's. Finally, getting them to calm down.

I just can't believe what happened. Part of me hates her, then I just feel like something isn't right.
I turned on some soft music, and gave them their pacifiers. "Daddy loves you so much. Even if that's all you have, just know she once loved you.."

Covering them up. I kissed their heads.

April pov

"No! Stop!" I laughed as he tried to tickle me. "No!" I laughed squirming. "Okay okay." He smiled lifting me up into his arms he rubbed my stomach. Catching my breathe he kissed my cheek. "So, What do you think it is?" He asked excitedly. "Maybe a boy..I think." I smiled.
"Hmm, i don't know if I want a girl or boy honestly." He smiled. Looking at him, "What you mean?"
"I don't know, I want a boy, yet I would like a girl too." He smiled holding my hand. "It can only be one, because it's only one in here." I giggled. He pulled me and kissed me.

I did everything I could to please him. If he kissed me, or did anything flirty I would do it
Back. I want to have a good pregnancy, and I want to keep him happy as much as possible.
"I have to go to work tomorrow. I usually get off a little late. Around 6."
"Okay, I won't be home until 10, I have some overtime. So you get some alone time to yourself." He smiled. "I'll have something cooked for when you do come in." I smiled kissing him. "Sounds nice." He smiled. "Oh baby it is. Hopefully your not too tired." I smirked. "Oh never." He smiled as I tugged on his pants biting my lip, "You want it baby?"
"As long as you be gentle, baby fill me." I moaned as he kissed my neck. "I got you..I got you." He smiled kissing me. He picked me up and off we went upstairs.

~Few days later~

Narrator pov

April was on break, She hated being in this office because it reminded her so much of John. She haven't seen her kids, and Misses them so much.

"Come in!" She softly shouted. "Cal, what are you doing here?"
"Came by to check up on you baby." He smiled kissing her lips. "Mm, well I'm about to head on out. I was finishing up a little work, I was about to go grab some lunch."
"I can go with you, I have a few minutes I just wanted to stop by." He smiled. "Well, I gotta wait for this first, but go head get to work baby. I'll call you." She smiled. "Alright, I love you."
He said before he walked out. "No, no you really don't." She shook her head relaxing back in her chair.

Grabbing her keys and purse, she left out the office. "April, where you heading?"
Bay asked. "Go get lunch, and run a few errands." She smiled. "Okay, see ya."

Hurrying to the car, She drove back home.

Knocking on the door, waited a few seconds. "Joh-" he slammed the door shut in her face. "Hold on..did he just slam the door in my face. Open this door John...I pay these bills too." She mumbled the last part. "What do you want?" He swung the door open. "To see my kids...and your not gonna stop me, I held all 3 of them, and you don't know what hell I went through pushing and being cut open. Now excuse me."
She pushed him aside walking inside. "Jaay!" She smiled and all their heads turned and they all started to cry. Sitting down on the floor, they all hugged her and she held them back. "I know, I miss you so much." She smiled kissing their head. "I know baby, I wish I could be here." She held them in her arms holding them as long as She could kissing their heads. "Mommy loves you so much, I'm okay." Taking a deep breathe they all simmered down and stayed close to her wanting me to play.

"Well, enjoy it while you can. You gotta head back in about 30 minutes."
"I know." She whispered.
"April, what's going on really?" He asked. April stood up, She gave them her phone and now their glued to it. Taking a long look at him before She spoke. "I'm fine, I have to do what I gotta do and distance myself from you all."
He rolled his eyes and examined my body, "Hickeys on your neck, looks like your gaining weight again. It's another man."
"Listen, I'm sorry Okay. But when it comes down to being you or-or...doing the right thing, I have to do the right thing."
"What's going on April, please baby just talk to me." He pleaded.
"Nothing, like I said everything was too soon." I lied. This feeling in my body is screaming just say it.
"I know something is wrong with you, just tell me." He said looking her in the eyes...as he walked to her and grabbed her arms gently. "April, I'm begging you please tell me. I can help you,just let me before it gets worse."

Haven't it already? "John, I'm only here for my kids. Now, let me be." She rolled her eyes laughing. Deep down, she was hurt. She just didn't want to put her kids life in risk. If she went to court already with him, what makes you think they actually done something. She's still in the same place, so why not just go with it?

"April..you don't mean that. We were so happy, where did it go wrong? I'm sorry I tried to propose to you, I just thought it was time to make you my wife and endure what we have forever. The kids, please don't do leave them. April we were happy..." he spoke holding her in her arms. She didn't hug him back, but she wanted too. "Let me go." She pushes him off. "I hate it so much too John! But I have too." She covered her face and broke down into tears. "What? What is it April? Let me help you."
"There's Nothing you can do, I-" She looked at him and shook her head, "Don't love you anymore..." she spoke lowly. He shook his head, "Then leave, I don't want you coming back. You can't see the kids no more. It's not like you were ready for them."
"I'm sorry..." she wiped her face. "Yeah, I'm sorry too." He scoffed. She went back over to the kids and gave them their last kisses, and hugs.

She was leaving out, coming face to face with John. "Whatever it is...you know it's not what we got."
"Excuse me." He held her head up high as she walked out.