Departing ways

Narrator pov

"Let's go kids." John picked them up one by one into the air plane.
"April, after you." He held her hand as she went up.

He fixed his jacket up and followed in behind her holding her waist.
"Have a seat Carters." April snapped making her kids take a seat in the chair.
"Buckle up, you guys want a snack."
"Yeah."
She reached into her purse and gave them some goldfish. They loved them.
"Here, you should be on education games until I say you can play anything else."

She sat their cups in the cup holders and walked over to John. "You need to rest while we're on here."
"Baby, we're going to New York for you. I'm fine."
"Yeah, for me. After I told you not to do any more of this!" She shifted her weight to one side with her arms crossed. "Why can't you just be happy for everything I'm doing?"
"Happy? What is there to be happy about when I have told you I don't wanna do this. It was suppose to be a one shoot thing, now people think I'm just for everything. I got a degree in computers not what ever the hell you got me doing. I told you I didn't want this. You told me you weren't gonna make me do anymore of them. I'm trying to be patient with you, I'm trying to stay calm, and from getting all mad- but you just keep pushing it."
She was about to walk off, but John grabbed her hand and she reared her hand back and slapped him. "Don't put her hands on me." She moved back.
He let her loose looking her in the eyes. "Why are you putting your hands on me?"
"Leave me alone." She walked off and John on her tail. "The kids are right here, stop." She pushed him off. He gripped her arm turning her around pushing her against the seat.
He looked down, then at her shaking his head.
He grabbed her neck gently looking at her. "Let me go."  She tried to push him off and he leaned in kissing her lips.
"Your plane will take off soon Mrs. And Mr. Carter." The speakers came on to announce.

The plane doors closing, "Mommy, I have to use the potty." Jayson said.

April pov

I buttoned my shirt back up and wiped my face, I got from the seat and fixed my clothes up on me. "Stop this damn plane."
"April!"
"No, leave me alone. I-I go-gotta go." I cried as the doors came back open.
"Let's go kids. Unbuckle, come on."
"April." He grabbed the kids and sat them down. "Let them go.."
"Sit down...and stay ok?"
"K." They said looking at us with worried eyes.
He gripped my arm and pulled me off the plane. We walked down the stairs being at each other.
"Stop complaining! I'm doing this for us! Everything I've done is always for you! I just want you to have a name as something more than just my wife! Do I want to put my hands on you like that? No! But I'm trying not too! I can't even screw my wife without some bs because you're just-" he waved his hand off and stormed up the stairs. "I hate you!" I screamed. "I can't stand you! Ever since she died you've changed and not for the better!" He turned around and yelled. "Well I'm sorry! Can't you see I'm trying! You make it no better by putting all this on me! I don't want to be a model! You're not yourself! You're turning out just like Cal! Controlling my life, and putting your hands on me!"

"I don't see you trying! I just see you trying to pop some pills and end everything we had!"
"Fuck you John..." I turned away and walked away. To where-I don't know.

John pov

"Yeah, lets get everything in the car. Get inside the car kids."
"Where's mommy?" Jayson asked. "She's gone, she'll be back."
"I want Mama." He teared up in the eyes. I hugged him and kissed his head. "Buckle up. I'm about to go get her okay?"
"Ok." He sniffed.
I made sure they were buckled and closed the door. I turned away and put my hands on my head.

I fucked up. I got mad. Just so much, I'm trying, I am trying.

"I need everybody out and looking for April. Your job with the kids is to take them to my mother and search for April afterward."
"Alright kiddos, you're going to grandmas for now ok? Until I get mama."
"Ok."