where the demons hide

prologue

luke's pov

-

"Bring it on bitches!" I shouted at the opaque cloud that began to surround me. Though I had an abundance of confidence on the outside, 'I'm fucked' was the only sentence running through my head as I backed up towards the door. My back hit the wall and I reached over, attempting to get a grip on the handle. Having no such luck, I stood, as though I was paralyzed. I knew I was going to die, right then and there. Well, most likely. Unless they decided to spare me or tie me up for torturing. I was hoping the first.

I squeezed my eyes shut, prepared for the end when someone opened the door. "Idjit," I heard, and I whipped my head around. Ashton stood in the doorway in a leather jacket and tight black skinny jeans, his knief hilt stuck out of his combat boots. He held his gun by his side. I groaned. 'Great. Best Friend to the rescue. AGAIN.' He giggled and shook his head at me, "we both know you'd be dead right now if i didn't get here in time." Ash shot at cloud of smoke and the black thing screamed, some of the cloud disintergrating into the air. I looked back at the almost cause of death and shot at the darkness too. Whatever that stuff is, the thing fled out of the house, escaping through the vent.

Finishing it off, I looked at the nineteen-year-old. If looks could kill, he'd be dead the moment I laid eyes on him. But my gaze soon softened and I began to sob.

"Mikey," I squeaked into Ashton's chest. "Wh-What if I-I never saw M-Mikey again? I-I would-d never be a-able to for-forgive my-my-myself," I stuttered. And then it hit me.

I was in love with the angel.

MY angel.

Michael Fucking Gordon Clifford.