Chapter 12

Unknown POV

Getting into the palace was difficult, albeit fun. Cloaking my true nature and walking past the guards was a lot more difficult than I had anticipated. Nathaniel must have installed more guards once Elana was back, knowing that I would be back to claim what was mine. I snarled at the thought of that creature touching what was mine. I looked over my shoulder to ensure that no one was following me before I made my way to the throne room.

It was quite the surprise to be able to hear what was being discussed. They thought they were safe and nobody could hear them. Stupid creatures. I was surprised the angel did not pick up on my presence. That either made her extremely stupid or extremely weak. Either option worked well for me. I was only here to set things in motion. The Triads were coming. Elana believed them to be three tests...which was partially true. But the Triads were more than simple tests. Something everyone seemed to have kept from her...including Nathaniel.  

I positioned myself at the entrance and awaited a chance to get the Elixir alone. A talk was long overdue...

Elana

I woke up to the sound of pacing. Quick, soft pacing. I reached a hand out to shield my eyes from the steady stream of sunlight that filtered through the room. A room I quickly came to realize, I did not recognize. With a gasp, I jumped out of the plush, king-sized bed and grabbed a hold of the closest weapon I could find. 

I calmly walked toward the individual, who's back was to me, seemingly engrossed in a book. I smiled softly, imagining their annoyance, once they realized I was not to be messed with. QUietly raising my weapon in my hands, I aimed for the base of their head, hoping to knock them out and figure out what to do next.

"You'll be needing more than a candle stand to knock me out, love. Might I suggest a better move?", was all he had to say before I stumbled and fell right into his waiting arms."

"You!"

"Me."

At that moment all I wanted was to strangle him while a part of me wanted to kiss him senseless. My eyes widened upon realizing our precarious position. I quickly pushed him away and stood up, cheeks aflame.

"We need to have a long talk, love.", he said, seemingly unperturbed at our earlier closeness. 

 I sighed and simply nodded. It was true. We need to talk.