Chapter 2

I walked into my world history class to see April sitting there all by her lonesome. I smiled and walked over to her, putting my bag down next to her. She breathed a sigh of relief that we were in the same class. I felt the exact same way, especially because I really didn’t know anyone else in the room. She patted the chair next to her and grabbed my schedule out of my hands.

                “Oh fuck you, I’m jealous” she said handing it back to me.

                “Why is that?” I asked curiously.

                “You have lit sexy Johnson!” She exclaimed, pointing to my schedule. Johnson? Wasn’t that Mr. Brown Eyes in the hall just now?

                “Who?

                “Um the young, sexy lit teacher who transferred last year! All the senior girls last year talked about him all the time and how dreamy he was. I went into his room last year to get something for Mrs. Carson and those girls were not kidding. He is beautiful. I’d like to break me off a piece of that, if you know what I mean” she said wiggling her eyebrows at me. I rolled my eyes at her.

                “Yeah, I know what you mean” I said, running my fingers through my hair.  She winked at me and turned her attention to the front of the class.

Ms. Cross was a younger teacher, probably late 30s, who had fire red hair and a thick Boston accent, which really came out whenever she talked about the Red Socks. She was my favorite teacher because she always treated me like a younger sister instead of a student. She wrote her name on the white board in the front of the class and turned and smiled at us.

                “Yo, what’s cracking?” she said. We all groaned at her for trying to be hip and cool.

She laughed at us before taking some papers from her desk. “Okay guys, so, senior year! Here we are! God you guys so old, oh my gawd. Well, let’s look at the syllabus for this year and hopefully this won’t be one of your harder classes. Y’know as long as you do my work, you should be fine.” She passed out the papers and I looked around her room. She has pictures of different political leaders as well as different trinkets she’s collected through the years of travel and from students. I smiled when I was the oriental fan I bought her sitting on her book shelf.  She saw me looking and gave me a small smile.

                “Now that everyone is settled in and has a syllabus, let’s dive right in. Tell me anything significant to the creation of the world in one sentence, GO!”

~~

After Math with Dr. Harris breathing down our necks about getting ready for the rest of the year in math, I was glad to have my free period. I walked into the media center and looked around to find a spot to set up shop. Spying a table near the back by a row of books, I made my way over to it. I pulled out my math text book and began working on problems Dr. H had already given us for homework. I grumbled to myself as I pulled out my calculator. I always enjoyed time by myself in library, being surrounded by words of other people was very comforting to me. I turned on my ipod and began my work.

Out of the corner of my eye, I saw movement within the books. I pulled out an earphone and looked over. I got up and walked over to the shelf.

                “Hello?” I whispered, looking around. I heard books falling in the next aisle. I walked around and saw a bunch of books on the ground and a boy picking them up.

                “Shit” he said under his breath.

                “Here let me help” I said getting on the ground to help. He looked at me, startled. I smiled at him and handed him the book I had picked up. I gave him a look up and down, taking in his features.