Heartbreak

Inspired by El Mañana by Gorillaz! <3

"On Tuesday the 27th, Lieutenant Colonel John Laurens was killed in a gunfight against British troops retreating from South Carolina." My heart sank as my wife, Eliza, read a letter that was sent from South Carolina. I thought it was written by my dear friend, Laurens, but Eliza told me otherwise.

I didn't listen to her read the rest of the letter. I just sat in silence, disbelief, and sadness. My mind was trying to process all of this—how this could have even happened in the first place? Laurens was a smart, strong man. How could he have been killed by the enemy?

His selfless and reckless behaviour had led to his own downfall...

"Alexander, are you alright?"

I set a blank stare at Eliza. Her expression was sympathetic. Tears threatened to fall from her eyes. "I have so much work to do," I murmured emptily, walking to my office. I opened a drawer and grabbed a ring. It was supposed to be for Laurens, but now it had no use. The diamond was blue, matching his bright, crystal eyes.

As I stared at the ring, a single tear fell on the diamond.

"Maybe in time, you'll want to be mine..."

~~~

Hi, I'm not dead, I just haven't felt like writing on Wattpad lmao.

I'm very quickly falling into the Gorillaz fandom help me (thanks Szin)

~Jamie xoxo