Coming Clean

John is intersex in this one shot!

"Jacky?" I heard my boyfriend, Alexander call from the other room. "Yeah?" I asked, folding one of the blankets on the couch. He didn't answer. I sighed, knowing he was just going to come to me.

He leaned at the end of the hallway, glaring as he held out a piece of paper. "What is this shit?" I frowned in confusion and grabbed the paper he was holding. A wave of panic swept over me as I read the first two sentences:

I hurt myself again. I'm so pitiful and helpless, I never should have even existed.

"You told me you wouldn't do this again," Alex said lowly. "L-Lex, ju-just let me explain..." I whispered, crying. "I'm giving you everything and you still aren't happy?" Alex said angrily. "I-I-I... Th-this isn't about y-you..." I protested weakly. "I must be doing something wrong," Alex shot back. "If you aren't happy, then why don't you go to Francis? I guess I'm not enough for you, so why don't you just go to someone who is?"

"Jesus Christ, Alex, why do you have get yourself involved in everything?! I just said this isn't about you, but you didn't listen! You never do! I tried to tell you so many things but every time you'd just nod and say 'okay' in the most monotone voice possible! I fucking told you that I'm pregnant two weeks ago but you never reacted at all!"

I didn't even realise that I was on my knees, sobbing, until Alex frantically helped me up. "J-John.." he started. "No," I cut him off bitterly, rushing to the bedroom and slamming the door. I stared at the wall and cried, overwhelmed with stress.

A few moments after being alone, I felt Alex hug me from behind. "I'm so sorry, John," he whispered tensely. I couldn't help but ask every question that came to mind. "A-am I just boring...? I'm annoying, aren't I?" He lightly stroked my hair. "No, John... this is all my fault-"

"Not everything is... I could have hurt our baby..."

"But you didn't... they're safe and that's all that matters."

"I-I love you, Alex."

"I love you too, Jack. Never forget that."

~~~

I could be writing my overdue paper for LA about John but eh that's too much work

I love and I'm grateful for the small set of readers I have!

~Jamie xoxo