~Chapter 60~

The Following Morning- Dakota's POV

When I wake the next morning, Jamie is wrapped around me like ivy, and I must figure out how to get out of his embrace without waking him. I gently push his leg off my right thigh, and then grasp his right arm and pull it off me. He rolls over onto his back with a sigh and remains asleep, so I carefully get off the bed and head for the bathroom to relieve my over-full bladder. My stomach seems to be settled, and I hope it lasts. I strip and head for the shower, hoping to get done and make breakfast before Jamie wakes.

Unfortunately, that doesn't happen...I feel Jamie's arms come around me, startling me out of my thoughts as I'm rinsing the conditioner from my hair under the rain-head shower. I let out a shriek that could rival a banshee's cry as instinct takes over, and I blindly swing a vicious right-hook, connecting with Jamie's temple and sending him careening off the shower wall.

"JESUS, JAMIE!!!" I shout as I open my eyes. He pulls me into his arms again, like it doesn't matter that I've just bounced him off the wall, and I can feel his erection pressing against my thigh. However, my libido has crawled into a corner and is sound asleep.

I'm sorry for scaring you like that," he tells me as he rubs his temple.

"Jamie, honey, I'm sorry, but I'm just not feeling it this morning," I state quietly.

"Are you not feeling well?" he asks in a concerned tone.

"I feel fine... better than I have in days," I assure him. "I think this is the first morning in months when I've woken up and not immediately heaved."

As long as you're okay..." Jamie trails off, still giving me a worried look.

"I promise," I answer as I hand him my shampoo and step around him to walk out of the shower.

****************

"So, ah, who taught you to hit like that?" Jamie asks over breakfast, rubbing his right shoulder this time.

"My Daddy and my older brothers," I tell him matter-of-factly.

"I'll have to remember that," he says as he reaches up and rubs his left temple.

You should really remember not to sneak up on me, Jamie...I could really hurt you without intending to," I warn.

"So, the right hook upside the head was a love tap, then?" Jamie asks with a smirk.

"It was a gut reaction! You're lucky that's all you got!" I state as I pluck a grape off my plate and launch it at him, hitting him squarely in the middle of his forehead.

"I'm sorry!" he says, laughing. "So, what would you like to do today?"

"I called my Mormor while you were in the shower, and she's expecting us this afternoon...I need to tell her about the babies, and I feel horrible that I've waited this long."

"Does she know about Matt?" Jamie asks me quietly. I mutely shake my head no. "Maybe you should tell her; if you're telling her that you're pregnant with her great grandchildren, you might want to let her know why one of the potential fathers is no longer in the picture."

"Jamie, Mormor went through, uhm, some things in her past that I don't want to bring up memories of for her," I reply quietly.

"Will she be hurt if you keep it from her?" Jamie asks me. Dammit! The man makes an excellent point!

"She'd be able to sympathize," I mumble, looking down at the table.

"Well if it's something she's been through herself, she may be able to provide some insight that no one else has been able to do so far," he suggests. I nod and continue to eat my breakfast.