~Chapter 85~

A/N: As always, I have to thank @isisee for her help and guidance on this chapter. I love you and your suggestions, sweetie! Keep them coming! To you, my readers, I would like to extend my gratitude for bearing with me and my unpredictable updating schedule. Thank you to all of you for your reads, votes, and comments! They mean more to me than you will ever know. Please keep them coming as well. Enjoy this chapter! 

En Route To Belfast -Dakota's POV 

Jamie, Olivia and I are in the jet taxiing down the runway in preparation for takeoff when I feel the urge to pee. Really? Not now! I think to myself. As we finally take to the air, I want to break the rules and get up to use the bathroom, because the urge is getting nearly unbearable, but then my subconscious tells me, You can hold it till you level out... have faith in yourself.

I shrug and squirm a little bit, and Jamie gives me a worried look.

"Armrest was digging into my tummy," I offer quietly.

"Oh," he says, and then goes back to his book.

As the minutes pass by my bladder is becoming more and more rebellious. I can't squirm or give any hint to Jamie that I need to use the bathroom. Just hold on a little longer, we'll be leveled out soon. It will only be a minute, I tell myself. Soon it's one minute, then two... then three. And we are nowhere near reaching our goal elevation. I know I won't last much longer. I tighten myself as much as I can but every now and then a drop... or three manage to escape. The jet is still climbing when my overfull bladder decides it has had enough and lets go. Jamie looks up as I let out a combination of a sigh of relief and a quiet whimper.

"Dakota, are you okay?" he asks. I shake my head no and lower it as I look down at the spreading wet spot on my jeans.

"Jamie, I tried! I tried to hold it!" I whimper, "But I couldn't! I'm pissing myself right now, and I can't stop!"

"Love, look at me," he commands gently. I meet his dark blue gaze, and he continues, telling me,"It's okay...you had to go, and with the extra pressure from our babies, you weren't able to hold it as long as you thought you could. As soon as we're able to, I'll help you into some dry clothes, and then a different seat so that Skylar can clean that one up," he says, indicating a member of the flight crew.

"I'm so sorry, Skylar!" I tell her. She shrugs in response and tells me, "It's okay, Miss Johnson... I can't tell you how many times I've had to clean up vomit from Grace and Deacon getting airsick, so a wet seat is nothing to worry about; some paper towel and disinfectant, and it's good as new... that's the beauty of leather seats; how are you otherwise? Babies are really starting to move, huh?" she asks from her seat across the aisle.

"Big time!" I reply, "One of them got in a good bladder bounce, as you can see..."

"Again, not a problem," Skylar reassures me.

When we're finally leveled out, Jamie gets up with me and helps me to clean my legs off after my accident. Thankfully it didn't reach my shoes, because I'm wearing my favorite pair of Converse. Once I'm in dry clothing from the waist down, I decide I want to lie down for a bit. Jamie vows to wake me after an hour and a half, and then he sits on the bed, brushing my hair back from my forehead as I drift off.

It seems like I've barely fallen asleep when I feel a band of pain tighten across my belly. I let out a quiet moan as I shift, and suddenly, the pain intensifies a hundredfold, causing me to let out a shriek as I roll onto my left side, pulling my knees up as far as I can while clutching my belly. The door to the jet's bedroom bursts open and bangs against the wall as Jamie comes running in, looking like he's ready to do battle.