~Chapter 101~

A/N: I would like to extend my apologies for the long wait between updates, but between focusing on my mental health and an increased schedule at work, I've not had the drive nor the time to continue. Please know that I'm not abandoning this story, but you will have to be patient with updates and whatnot. As always, I have to thank @isisee for her help and guidance with this chapter. I couldn't have done this without your help, sweetie! I love you! Love to you all! Please read, vote and comment! Thank you! 

Jamie's POV

After I've eaten the nice dinner that Simone has made, with Rita giving me the stink eye the entire time, and Dulcie chattering non-stop, I get back into Dakota's SUV and head back up to her hospital room. When I enter, Don and Kelley are visiting, and Dakota is clearly still out of it.

"How are you holding up, son?" Don inquires as he gives me a firm handshake and a pat on the back.

"Best as I can. Don," I reply quietly.

"Good, good!" he praises with a nod, "Thank you for taking such good care of our girl through all of this," he adds gesturing to Dakota.

"I made a vow to both you and Antonio to take care of her," I answer with a shrug, "And I only left because Melanie and Tippi forced me to."

"I know they did, and with good reason," Don tells me.

"You're not going to be any good to Dakota if you stretch yourself too thin," Kelley tells me as she moves forward and hugs me.

"It's just so hard to leave the three of them," I admit, adding, "but my heart is breaking leaving Dulcie and Elva with only Simone to care for them as well; Elva cried when I told her Dakota wasn't with me...she kept crying 'Ma,' and then I had to be a little mean to her."

"How so? Don asks.

I tell him and Kelley what's going on, and Kelley rests a hand on my forearm, telling me, "If you ever need someone to stay with Dakota or the little ones, give us a little notice and we'll be there."

"Thank you," I murmur.

"Everything will work out, son," Don tells me confidently, "Have a little faith."

"Rita said something about faith as well!" I blurt out.

"Jamie, I know you're having trouble believing in anything right now, after all you've been through, but please believe that your own family and everyone in ours is there to help you if you should stumble along the way; we love you...let us help...trust in us," Kelley pleads, nearly causing me to break down again.

As I'm trying to calm down, Eliana and Athena enter Dakota's room with fresh cold packs for her. Eliana looks to Don and Kelley, and I tell her, "They're her parents, it's okay."

She nods to Athena, and they proceed to roll Dakota onto her left side.

When Eliana is in the process of positioning the new cold packs under Dakota, she accidentally brushes against Dakota's anal region, and suddenly, Dakota moans, loud enough for all of us to hear, "Jamie! You're getting awfully kinky! I love it! Put your fingers inside me and fuck me till I scream!"

Eliana quickly pulls her hands away, blushing brighter than a valentine and murmurs a quick apology, followed by what sounds like a prayer for forgiveness in Spanish.

"Oh...wow!" Don finally exclaims, breaking the uncomfortable silence that has fallen.

"Do you think she's having a good dream?" Kelley asks suddenly.

I'm struck speechless for a moment, not even sure how to respond had I the ability to do so.

Your future in-laws are staring at you, mate! Say something to defend yourself! My subconscious pleads with me.