Almost

Clementine gets bit on her way to finding AJ. Uh I'm super sad rn bc of twd and it's like 6am so this is short and not very sweet :) (I also wrote this on my phone so sorry about that)

She had done everything right, that was the worst part about all of this. She tried her hardest, and worked so hard to get here, but the exhaustion and the sickness won her over.

Not long after she had left New Richmond, a walker caught her by surprise. It took a huge bite out of her shoulder, leaving Clementine sobbing, but pushing on. After all, she had to find AJ, and she had to get him back to Richmond. Where she knew he was safe.

She pushed on for miles, the sickness taking over her quickly. She didn't waste time killing walkers unless they got to close. She only had one goal in mind. She clutched the burning shoulder as she powered on, ignoring the tears.

She remembered a man from long ago, who was bit, but fought on for her sake. The least she could do was figure out if AJ was safe or not. And maybe ask whoever was taking care of him if they could bring him back to Javi. Just one last favor for a dying sister.

Dying wasn't a fun feeling, Clementine figured that much. She was too hot, her eyes and shoulder burned, her mouth was too dry, and everything was too loud. All she wanted to do was lay down at the trunk of a tree, and take in the shade. But, she pushed on. She refuses to go down without seeing AJ one more time, there's no way.

At one point, she just has to stop and take a break. Her legs are shaking as she leans against an old car. Placing her hands on her knees, she leans forward and takes a couple big breaths.

'Cmon clem, just a few more minute' she thinks to herself, before painfully starting forward.

At this point, she's able to see the ranch. And she can just make out a figure sitting on a porch. Before she can call out, her legs give up. She collapses to the floor with a sob.

'No please not yet' Clementine begs, trying to push herself back up, but she fails. She turns to at least lay on her back as tears fall from her dull eyes. Weakly, she lifts her gun, checking to see if she had any bullets left. Laughing pathetically when she find out there's one more left.

Her bottom lip trembles as she looks up at the sky.

She almost made it. She almost found AJ again. She almost had a place to call home. She almost had a family again. Almost.

A few pathetic whimpers leave the child's mouth. She didn't want to die. She wasn't ready. She was suppose to get AJ and bring him back to New Richmond. She promised Javi that she'd let him teach her baseball. She promised that she would come back safe. It wasn't fair. Then again, when was anything fair in the apocalypse.

Not wanting to become what she hated most, she pressed the gun against her temple, hands shaking lip quivering. She takes one last glance at the blurry sky, before taking a breath, and pulling the trigger