A Day Off?!

Obiyuki Week 2017, Day Four: Free Day

Title: A Day Off?!

DISCLAIMER: I own nothing in this fan-fiction except my horrible grammar and writing skills. All of the characters or cities mentioned in this fan-fiction belong to Akiduki Sorata unless said otherwise. Any references to real people or places are purely coincidental.

Synopsis: After working so hard and finally finding out the cure for the mysterious disease, everyone is given a day off to simply enjoy themselves. Obi, only joking, asked Shirayuki if she wanted to spend her day off with him. What will happen to the two friends?

"Huh? We're getting a day off?" Shirayuki asked Ryuu.

He nodded in confirmation. "Yep. On the Head Pharmacist of Lilias' orders."

She scratched her cheek nervously. "I guess that means we can't just ignore their orders, huh...?"

He let out a sigh. "We very well can't..."

Obi was just lingering around, so he easily overheard them. "Hey, Mistress, how about me and you go out into town to look around?"

The mischievous glint in his eyes and his smirk should have made it evident that he was just joking around, but Shirayuki was too lost in her own mind to thoroughly think it through. "Sure. I don't see why not."

"EHHH?!" Her personal knight exclaimed, backing away slowly. "You'd really like to go out into town to look around with me?!"

She shrugged indifferently at him. "I've nothing else to do so that seems better than lounging around and doing nothing."

His hand twitched slightly in mid-air. "You make a valid point..."

"Then it's settled!" She declared as she grabbed her coat and opened the entrance door. "You and I will be touring the surrounding area in.... an hour!"

The bubbly herbalist closed the door behind her and she raced back to her room to go get changed. Obi glanced at Ryuu. "Would you be willing to join us on our trip?"

The young boy shook his head. "I'd much rather coop myself in the library and get familiar with all the types of plants Lilias has to offer. Good luck, nonetheless."

As he went back to stuffing his nose inside a book, the Prince's Attendant let out an exasperated sigh. Master's going to kill me when he finds out...

Shirayuki wasted no time in looking through all of her clothes to find the perfect outfit to wear for this special occasion. She finally settled on a dark-indigo shirt, a violet skirt, and a dark violet coat that had counterfeit fur creased out on the cuffs. Matching it with fur-cuffed brown leather boots, she felt like she was finally ready to go.

"Okay, time to go with–" She was cut off when she opened the door and was surprised. The person standing before her was no other than Yuzuri!

"Heyyyyy, Shirayuki!" Her best friend greeted her as she grinned mischievously. "I heard you were going out into town with Obi?"

The red-head blinked. "Yes, we are. Where'd you hear that from?"

She waved her off. "Oh, a little birdie told me."

Pushing her aside, Yuzuri let herself in and closed the door behind her. She walked over to her bed, plopping herself on it, while Shirayuki followed her lead and sat next to her.

"Soooo...," Yuzuri began, "how do you feel about having to go on a date with Obi?"

""Date"?" The confused girl repeated, blinking in confusion.