Chapter 16 | A Discussion

Daddy in the mm.😩🤤

*****************************************

David Brewster

"We're you taking me, Dave?" Sky asked. I looked at her from the corner of my eye, barely taking my eyes off the road. I chuckled at how her face was all screwed up. Our few times of hanging together, I have noticed how impatient she is. She didn't like surprises or no shit like it.

"You want to go back home ?" I asked with my eyebrow raised. I be trying to be cute and shit, trying to show her shit but she always got to be difficult.

She popped her lips. "I mean..." I looked at her crazy. I nodded my head and put the car in reverse. She grabbed my arm while laughing.

"I was just kidding, damn." She said then hit my arm. I started laughing.

"Yo, you got to chill." I said.

"Take a joke." She said then rolled her eyes.

"I knew that."

"Whatever." She mumbled.

It was quiet for a few moments before she spoke again.

"Foreal though, were we headed to ?" I looked at her with an irritated look and she threw her hands up in defeat.

"Okok, I'm done." She giggled.

A few minutes later I pulled up to the destination. I shut the car off and sat back, looking at her. I had brought her to this lil spot I sometimes came to, to clear my head or think.

"This what you had to show me ?" She asked looking out the window at her surroundings. I nodded my head.
"So what you bring me here for ?"

"To talk." I simply said.

She nodded slowly. "About what ?"

"This." I said, pointing between me and her. She just looked at me, not saying anything. I took that as my opportunity to speak.

"Look Sky, since the first time I saw you I knew it was something special about you. I knew I couldn't let you get away, ya know ? It took me so long to actually get your attention though, " I chuckled. "but you ended up giving a niggah a chance."

" I mean, I really didn't have a choice. You popped up on me at my job." She said and we both laughed.

Our laughter died down and I started back talking.

"We started talking and everything was going good. I finally thought we were getting somewhere, but out of nowhere you just disappeared on me." I looked at her and she looked down, playing with her fingers. I lifted up her chin, making her look at me. I wanted her to understand what I'm saying. "I just want you to understand that I really like ya, Sky. It's been a minute since I cared for someone. I'm just not that type of niggah. But you... I don't know man..." I trailed off. "It's like I can't forget about you. You blew me off so many times but I couldn't just shake it off and say fuck it." It got quiet for a moment. " Look, I'm not here to play ya, and just try to fuck ya over. I don't know what that last niggah did but I can tell that he fucked you up a bit. And you ain't got to tell me about that situation, I can tell you ain't ready to speak on that just yet. But I just want you to know that I'm trying to build some witcha. I'm not trying to be here for no season, love. Like I said before, we can take it as slow as you want cause I know you not ready for what I'm ready for. But still, I need you to talk to me babygirl. You can't just go MIA on me again."

She looked down. "Dave, I get it. You showing me you different from other niggahs. I just don't believe that someone might actually give a fuck about me. Most of the dudes I done been with weren't about shit. But I was really trying to compare you to the last niggah. Trying to find some similarities. Something that would give me a reason to stay away from you. Trying to save myself. But I can't and that scares me." She sighed. "I'm just fucked up right now, Dave. Just be patient with me, ok ? That's all I'm asking of you." She looked at me, looking for an answer. I nodded my head, grabbing her hand bringing it to my lips kissing it. I wasn't going nowhere no time soon.

Skylar Rose

"Were the fuck you been ? I been trying to reach you all night!" Lauren yelled in the phone. I laughed, shaking my head. I had just gotten back from being with Dave. Our time together got cut short from his brother calling him. He had to take him to get his car or some.

The talk we had was well needed. It was a lot to think about. I'm still iffy on this whole thing but that's just my insecurities talking.

"Bitch do you hear me ?" She asked, causing me to roll my eyes. I had left my phone at my home while I was out and apparently Lauren had some shit to get off her chest but I wasn't answering so here we are.

"Yes hoe, I hear you."

"Ok, so wassup ? What happened to you ?" She asked.

"I left my phone at the house while I was gone, sorry."

"I came by your house and your car was there so who was you with ? It wasn't Des cause I called and asked her and she said she hadn't seen or talked to you since earlier." She spoke.

"If you must know, I was with Dave."

"You finally called him ?"

"Not exactly."

"What you mean by that ?"

"He came by, actually." I said.

"Wowwww, this niggah love doing pop ups." She said, causing me to bust out laughing. " Anyways, what happened ?"

"Girl, he was HEATED. Bitch he went the fuck off on me."

"I knew he was gone go off on yo ass."

I smacked my lips. "Girl, whatever."

"So is everything back coo with y'all ?"

"Yeah, we straight. We got an understanding." I said to her, with a small smile.

"I'm glad cause I was tired of your sad ass."

"Shut up." I said while laughing.

"Mhmm, girl I'm gone see you tomorrow. Your ass better be at home tomorrow cause I'm coming over." She said in a stern voice.

"Yes, ma'am." I said in a joking tone.

"Bye girl, love you."

"Love you too." I said then hung up the phone.

I put my phone on the dresser next to my bed and layed down. I thought about all the things Dae and I talked about. He really wasn't like the rest, he was... different. I'm just scared that if I give him a try that he will eventually prove me right. For once I just want to be wrong. I just pray that everything works out cause Lord knows I can't take another heart break.

My phone vibrated bringing me out my thoughts. I grabbed it, checking who had texted me. It was Dave.

Dave
Goodnight babygirl

Me
Goodnight Dae

I smiled then locked my phone, laying back in the position I was in.

I'm going to give this a try, I'm just going to take this slow.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
Hey Y'all, I'm sorry to post so late. I was suppose to been posted this chapter earlier but tbh y'all, I was really stuck. I didn't know what to write about. It shows too.🤦🏾‍♀️ But the next chapter will be better, things finnaa get SHAPOPPINGG. Ya know what I'm sayinggggggg. Shit finnaa get real.

Anywaysss I hope y'all enjoyed the chapters

Anywaysss I hope y'all enjoyed the chapters. Don't forget to Comment, Vote, and Share.❤️🤞🏾