Chapter 3 | Trying

Skylar Rose

"Oooooo this is cute." I said to Des, showing her this light blue shirt.

"Girl yessss, you need to get it so I can get one too and we could match."

"You want to look like me so bad." I said laughing.

"Girl please, you know you want to match with me." She said rolling her eyes while laughing.

"Yeahh, we'll be cute. But I'll be cuter." I shrugged. She just looked at me with a straight face causing me laugh.

"Whatever, I'm suppose to be looking for something for this date but nothing in here is catching my attention." She huffed.

"Let's try another store then." I said in a duh tone.

"Okay, let's pay for these and go." I nodded then we made our way to the register and paid for our things. We said a thank you to the cashier then left out.

We walked around the mall a few minutes looking for another store then finally decided to go in Love Culture. When I was about to I step in, someone gently grabbed my hand making me looking back.

David Brewster

"Yo man, how long is you gone be in here ? I got my shit, I'm ready to go

"Yo man, how long is you gone be in here ? I got my shit, I'm ready to go." I said to my baby brother Deon. We were two years apart. I was 26, making him 24.

"Wait a damn minute niggah, I just got to try on these shoes then we can be out."

"Hurry up." I said to him while huffing. Iann the type to just shop, and look around. I get my shit and go. Deon like to look around and shit. That's why I never go that many places with him.

"Ight g, we can go." He said walking up to me.

"Finally niggah, you act like a female. Taking all day and shit." I said, shaking my head.

"Fuck you niggah." He said while grilling me.

"We been in that hoe mad long." I said to him. We had just walked out Footlocker, one of the many stores in the mall.

"Ok, I get it niggah. We leaving now."

"Yeah, whatever. I'm hungry now so I'm getting some food. Might as well get some here." He nodded his head agreeing. We made our way towards the food court and as we was walking I saw ole girl that was at the club last night. I was trynnaa talk to her and shit but she was a lil occupied with her friend. Her friend looked like she had one too many drinks. That ain't stop me from trying to holla at ha though. She shut me down quick as hell though, but she was just too fine for me not to try again.

"Aye g, Imma catch up witchu." I said to him, watching her about to walk in some store.

"Ight, Immaa be at Wendy's." I nodded and jogged to were she was. Before she could step in the store, I lightly grabbed her hand, causing her to turn around. When she turned around, she looked at me confused. When she saw who I was she scrunched her face up.

"Aye look don't be grabbing me, I don't know you dude." She said with a lot of attitude, while snatching her hand back. I just chuckled.

"I'm sorry, but I just remembered you from the club last night. You may remember me, I'm Dave." I said to her, putting my hand out to her. She just looked at it.

"And....?" She said, more like a question.

"And I was wondering could I get your number ?" I asked with a smile.

"I'm straight." She looked at me, uninterested.

"Damn, it's like that ?" I asked, slick shocked. I'm getting shot down again.

"Yeah, it's like that." She shrugged then walked into the store. I stood there then I shook my head. Fuck it. I made my way to the food court, looking towards the Wendy's area. I spotted Deon then made my way over to him.

"What you was doing niggah ?" He asked.

"I saw ole girl from the club last night, so I went over and tried to shoot my shot again. Babygirl wasn't having it, she shot me down...again." I said while shaking my head. I just chuckled.

"Damn g." Deon started laughing.

"Fuck you bitch." I said to him.

Skylar Rose

"What took you so long ?" Des asked me.

"Girl some niggah trynna holla, it wasn't shit." I said, waving my hand.

"Was he cute ?" She asked. I just shrugged.

"I don't know, really didn't pay attention. Really don't give a fuck." I said to her. I looked at her and saw that she was rolling her eyes. "What ?"

"Bitch you gone be single forever and DRY." She shook her head.

"First off, I don't want anybody. Second, sex is the furthest thing from my mind right now." I said, with my face scrunched up.

"Whatever, you gone be lonely forever. No man, no dick. Forever dry with a thousand cats." I just laughed.

"Hoe whatever." I said to her, while looking at a few pants. I remember him from the club last night. He cute or whatever but I'm just not interested.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Hey y'all, I hate that my chapters short ash buttttttt I PROMISE y'all they gone get longer. But anyways, don't forget to Comment, vote and share.😘