Part 2

He pulled lightly on the chains, his arms not wanting to cooperate. Again he found himself peaking over at the woman. Her chest slowly rising and falling. He closed his eyes to avoid staring more and to try to sleep away his pain. Minutes later he heard whispers from two nearby guards. In his weakened state all he could make out was 'freak' and 'demon'. Just these two words were enough to send his mind spiraling into anger. Such anger he had worked so hard to suppress for most of his life.
His fists clenched tightly and he pulled hard against his restraints. Blood leaking down his fur covered arms as his wrists pressed against the rusty metal. His knuckles bone white, muscles tense, and his jaw closed tight. He felt his left shoulder begin to burn and a faint green glow shine through his dark cloak.
Tears welled up in his eyes as they forced open from the burning sensation growing stronger until his eyes meet the tattooed women's. Her large brown eyes stared right back into his. To him everything slowed, the burning stopped, his muscles relaxed, and he slumped against the cold metal bars. She could barely see his eyes under the large hood. Her breaths still fast and she had dark circles under her eyes.
She was intrigued by his large frame and the black gray fur that covered his arms. All she could do was stare, her body too weak to move. She flinched as he huffed, steam coming from his unseen nostrils and the last thing she saw before fading back to unconsciousness was his head turning away.