Part 3

His heart thumped hard in his chest as he stared into her eyes. He tried his best to slow the rapid beats, taking deep fast breaths and turning his head away. Nothing seemed to help calm his raging heart. Just the woman's presence caused him to feel anxious and confused.
He worked his jaw slowly, trying to understand what this feeling was. Longing? Or was it simply greed for what he couldn't have? He let out a small sigh and turned his attention to where he was locked up. The air was cold and damp, a unclean stench hung in the air. There was a opening about fifteen feet away showing grass, trees, and a little of the night sky. His eyes shifted to the center of the crude camp they were imprisoned at.
He saw a bright camp fire surrounded by a few tents and three lightly armored guards or mercenaries of some sort. He could tell they hadn't bathed in quite some time. Grime covered their faces and light reflected off their greasy hair. He let out a low growl, remembering the comments from earlier.
He turned back to the unconscious woman and felt his anger disappear, having it replaced with the anxiousness from before. He sat in silence for a few minutes staring at the woman until he heard rustling behind him. He cocked his head to see the crude guards had stoked the fire so that it would last through the night. A few minutes later they had retreated to their respective tents.
He returned his attention towards the woman, his eyes lingering for a moment before shutting them. Thinking it would be best to sleep while the guards were occupied with their own need for rest. He slowly drifted off, listening to the soft breaths of the tattooed lady.