Chapter 6

Now on the other side of town was the cleverly named 'Batfamily' currently sat in the living room was Babs, Dick, and Bruce.

Dick well Dick was trying to convince Bruce to take them to the beach.

"We have 6 pools now why would we want to go to the beach? To get sunburnt ? Water all over your stuff? Sand where it shouldn't be ? If you want to swim just pick one of the pools Dick." He said folding his arms and squinting down at his adopted son and partner in heroism.

"But it's not the same! Besides it's summer and all the other kids are going to the beach I want to be like them!" He cried, well that was one reason another was the fact that he wanted to see Harley seeing as she'd texted him about the rouges beach trip.

Not only that he wanted his father to see the oh so clear love of his life. "Please padre! I won't ask you for anything ever again!" He asked as he gave Bruce puppy dog eyes.

When Bruce refused to look at Richards big puppy eyes he met his gaze with Babs. Babs only shook her head. "Bruce let him go to the beach, we could all use some time outside this manor and not just for work." She said as she gave Bruce a knowing look.

Bruce only sighed. "Alfred!" He called and out the kitchen Alfred came.

"Yes Master Bruce ?"

"We're going to the beach." He said only half regretting it already.

Now we have them all in the limo on their way to the beach. Dick sat across from his father on his phone. He was texting Harley letting him know they'd be arriving soon.

Babs was applying sun screen and trying to get Bruce to do the same. "Come on, you have to put some on, you'll burn because you never leave the house." She scolded as she forced off the cowl and rubbed some sun screen on his face.

"I can do it myself!" Bruce whines as he took the bottle and put some on his arms. "I'm not a baby.."

"You sure act like one." Babs smirked knowing he wouldn't argue back.

He only mumbled something under his breathe and went back to applying sunscreen.

"Who are you texting Richard?" Bruce asked raising an eyebrow. His sun was never really that glued to his phone, but lately he'd noticed a shift.

"Oh, um, just a boy in my class." Dick replied looking up from his phone for a second.

"Name?"

"Wally West." He replied quickly, a hint of blush on his cheeks.

"How come I've never heard of him until now?" Bruce asked.

"Only been talking for a week or so." He explained.

"Oh, well bring him over, I'd love to meet him."

"Why so you can scare him off?" Babs chimes in knowing exactly what was going on here.

"Do you like this boy Richard?" She asked calmly.

"Well yeah we are friends."

"No, do you like like him. Do you get butterflies when you talk to him? Does your face get red when you see him?" She asked smiling lightly.