Chapter 4

Louis:

I kept my head down as I walked on the sidewalk passing many people and luring coffee shops. Thankfully nobody recognized me, yet...

I thought back at Harry and Kendall and the restaurant. They could be playing with their food, sharing their drink, Jesus Christ they are so weird...

Then I remembered Eleanor. I checked my phone and saw that I had four missed calls from her, but Harry had also called me 11 times. God that boy worries too much about me. I thought of Eleanor just sitting in the restaurant being a third wheel next to Harry and Kendall worried where I was, and hoping for someone to sit with her making her feel better. Sad and bored. Despite my need to be alone, Eleanor needed me more, I had to help her.

I immediately turned around and started running towards the restaurant as fast as I could go.

When I finally got there I was panting so hard, I felt as if I'd just ran a marathon.

I still can't believe I walked that much...

"Why the fuck did I wear such a thick scarf and hoodie...." I angrily muttered to myself peeling them off of my baked skin.

I quickly went inside to look for Eleanor, but only to find that she was gone. Harry was still there, thank god, maybe he can tell me what happened.

"Lou! where were you?!?" he asked rather loudly.

"I told you I went out for a walk! where'd El go?"

"She left an hour ago Lou. AN HOUR AGO!!!" I winced as he banged his large fist on the table, causing a salt shaker to fall over and break into a million pieces. I was shocked, I didn't think I was gone for so long. He was yelling so loud now, he was starting to scare me. People were starting to stare at us too...

"Alright, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, but at least you had a good time with Kendall!" I tried to compromise.

"No I didnt! you know why? she bailed on me because she thought it would be bad for her if the paps got pictures of me and both of the girls without you. Eleanor left after Kendall so that we wouldn't look like we were on a date. So no, I didn't have a good time with kendall. where were you anyways?!? didn't you get our calls?!? You had me worried sick!!!!!"

"Yes I saw your calls and came back here!!! And I needed to clear my head so-

"Clear your head of what?!?!?" he cut me off.

"Jesus fucking Christ Harry!" I shouted pulling handfuls of my hair.

"I just needed some time alone, okay?!?"

"Right before our date?!?"

"Look you wouldn't understand! I've had a lot on my mind lately,"

"I'd understand if you just tell me Lou!"

"I'd tell you what's wrong but the thing is that I don't fucking know what's wrong!!!"

"You're a screwed up mess, you know that?"

"Harry I'm tryi-"

"No! you know what?!? I hope you have fun WALKING back to the hotel. You seem to be REALLY good at that!"he started walking outside towards his car.

"HARRY PLEASE LET ME EXPLAIN!"

He turned around and walked towards me very slowly.

"Are you kidding me louis?!? are you fucking kidding me?!? you just told me you don't know what's wrong with you and now you want to explain to me! Talk to me when you can even trust me, okay?!? I'm leaving,"

Then he stepped into the car and slammed the door so hard.

"Fuck!" I shouted at no one. I pulled my hair and gritted my teeth until I tasted blood. what did I just do? Why did I even walk out on them? Eleanor must hate my guts... I decided to get a cab to her apartment and apologize.

*

*

*

*

Once I reached her apartment, I went inside the lobby and stepped into the elevator. my heart was beating out of my chest.

Ding!

Oh god I was on her floor. I Walked through the twisting hallways which never seemed to end. Finally I reached her apartment door. I took a deep breath and knocked on her door three times. I heard the door open and saw Eleanor wearing red and white coca-cola pajamas. She had her hair done in an extremely messy bun, and her mascara was smudged as if she had been crying.

"El?"

"Lou... what are you doing here?" She said softly, wiping her eyes with her hand.

"El, look I'm a big idiot okay? I shouldn't have left you hanging like that, I'm really really REALLY sorry, can you please forgive me?"

"I don't know Lou" she said taking a step back.

"C'mon pleeeeeaseeeeeee?I pouted and raised my eyebrows and tried to snuggle up next to her. She started to smile, but then tried keeping a straight face.

"No don't you bloody dare try hiding, there it is!" I said. "There's that beautiful smile I was looking for!"

"Okay, okay fine I forgive you," she said kissing my cheek. I smiled and pulled her close to me, until our lips were an inch apart. I looked into her brown eyes and leaned forward so our lips came crashing together. After she seemed to run out of breath, she pushed me back and said

"Alright alright, now you have to wait if you wanna kiss me again!" She then pretended to lock her lips and pretend to throw away the key. She's so adorable, the way she acts like a child.

"Awwwww" I said "Okay fine,"

"Louis you're so immature!"

"But that's what you like about me!"

She smiled and we both hung out on her couch. We eventually fell asleep, her head was rested on my chest and I had my arm around her while I twirled her hair. I felt better, but I still felt empty.

Eleanor still loves me, but something's still wrong. Then I finally recalled the most obvious situation I still faced.

Harry.