Chapter 3

"So do either of you know when the wedding is going to be?" Stacie asked throwing a grape into Jesse's mouth.

"Not a clue," Emily said. "I mean, if we really think about it, Beca and I knew something had to be going on with our parents. Both single and always hanging out with each other."

"That's true," Beca said. "I'm just holding a grudge against my dad because he refused to tell me."

"Are you mad?" Benji asked from across the table. "You know that you and giraffe legs over there are going to be sisters?"

The whole group laughed, even Emily but just for good measure, she reached over the table and smacked his arm.

"Not at all," Beca got out. "I'm excited but I'm pissed at my dad because I'm petty like that."

The group laughed and continued to talk about trivial things until Sierra and her group of cheerleaders made their way over. Just like any high school, there was drama around every corner and there just so happened to be a rivalry between the cheerleaders and soccer players.

Personally, Beca didn't care for any of it but being apart of the team, she was a big part of it whether she liked it or not. Sierra and Emily were in the same class and have had it out for each other since middle school.

"So I heard you almost lost the game on Saturday," she said and a few students started looking at the group because they knew whenever they'd interact with one another, there'd be drama.

"Yeah, but thanks to the team, we didn't," Emily said nicely.

Stacie turned around in her seat to look up at the whole cheerleading squad.

"Why did you bring the whole cumsponge group?" she asked wanting them to leave them alone because she was having a good day so far.

"That's a bit hypocritical coming from you, isn't it?" Sierra asked and Stacie rolled her eyes.

"Sure, but unlike you guys, I'm good at it."

A cheerleader started to throw slander back at the midfielder before Sierra stopped her.

"How's your ribs, Rebeca?" she questioned and the girl raised an eyebrow.

"Fine, thank you," she said sarcastically. Kill them with kindness, her dad always told her.

"So Emily, I couldn't help but overhear your mom and the butch's dad are getting married. How does it feel to have a lesbian sister? Aren't you afraid she's going to try to fuck you?"

Beca closed her eyes and took in a breath, trying not to let anything Sierra said get to her. She was older than her and whatever she said didn't matter anyway.

"Alright, you know what?" Stacie said getting up and towering over the raven haired girl before Emily or Beca could say or do anything. "Shut your mouth or I'll shut it for you."

By now, more and more students around them had noticed and members of the soccer team began walking over to the middle of the cafeteria to see what was going on.

"What's going on?" Madison asked who had a few of the players beside her.

"My life is being threatened," Sierra said. "I just came over to congratulate these two on their parents' engagement when Fuck-Me-Magee here decided to start shit."

"We both know that's not true so why don't you just go back to your table?" Beca asked trying to take the high road.

"Why would anyone listen to you?" she questioned stepping away from Stacie and around the table to Beca.