part fourteen

"Our next guest is a relatively new artist, she's opening for BANKS on the North American leg of The Altar Tour. She's here to perform her debut single Baby Blue, but first we're gonna have a little chat. Everyone, welcome Catalina!" Seth introduced me. I took a deep breath before walking through the curtains. Seth's band was playing their theme song and I smiled widely, waving to the cameras and audience. I walked up to the desk, Seth standing and greeting me with a hug. I took a seat, eyes wide as I laughed. "Wow, it's so crazy seeing this in person and not on TV." I admitted, making him laugh. "It's much bigger in person, ladies and gentleman." he joked, making me giggle. "So, Cat, is it cool that I call you Cat?" he asked, raising an eyebrow. "Yeah, you're good." I nodded. "Tell me about how you started music." he wondered.

"Well, I always used to sing in high school. I kinda kept it to myself until my best friend Ian kinda forced me to perform. My group of friends were all musically inclined, and they got together and started a boy band, you might know them. They're called Brockhampton. Honestly being around them made me want to make a career out of it. Anyways, I moved to LA last year from Texas, and my boyfriend and the rest of the Brockhampton guys eventually moved up. Being in LA really was the reason I started putting my work out there." I explained. It didn't feel weird being on camera. It genuinely felt like he was just talking to me normally. "I see your boyfriend's here tonight." said Seth with a smirk. I giggled and nodded, gesturing to the audience. "Matt's here. He's so supportive and amazing." I smiled, the camera turning to film him. Matt smiled shyly, waving at the camera. "I wanna know more about your songwriting process. Is an album in the works?" Seth asked.

"So, my writing honestly depends on who I'm writing about and what I'm trying to say. Most of my songs are either about past relationships or my current one. It also depends on whether or not I'm writing in English. Some of the songs I've written are in Spanish or have like Spanish verses. I've been working on the album and it'll be out no later than November." I revealed, the audience cheering as I said that. "Well, there you have it folks! No later than November. Cat, thank you for coming." he said appreciatively. "Thank you for having me." I answered genuinely. "Next up, Catalina will be performing her hit single Baby Blue. Stick around, you won't wanna miss it!" concluded Seth. The cameras turned off and I smiled widely, standing from the seat and shaking his hand. "It's honestly such an honor to be here. I watched Weekend Update growing up and it's crazy to be talking to you right now." I admitted. He thanked me and we said our goodbyes before I retreated backstage.

I quickly changed into my performance outfit and TJ got to work on changing my makeup. He added winged liner to the existing eye look and replaced the red lipstick for a nude gloss. He added a little bit more highlighter on the tops of my cheekbones. He pulled my hair back into a sleek ponytail and straightened out the curls with a flat iron. I really liked how it looked, and I thanked him immensely. Performing Baby Blue was pretty straight forward. The label had invested in a really cool set with retro lighting and it made performing really fun. I went through the song twice, as instructed by the producers of the show, before retreating back to my dressing room. The night had been a huge blur, and Matt and I were starving.

I changed back into my normal clothes and headed out with Matt to go eat. We walked down the streets of New York, hand in hand as we looked for something good to eat. We eventually settled on just grabbing a pizza and going back to our room to catch the airing of the show. We sat on the edge of the bed, munching on the pizza as we watched the show. My phone rang, and Ian excitedly screamed as I answered. "I wanna see the interview!" he whined, making me giggle. "We're watching it now! Hold up." I laughed, flipping the camera. The portion of my interview started, and Ian watched excitedly. Once it was finished, he cheered loudly.

"Yo, I can't believe you talked about Brockhampton." he laughed, making Matt chuckle. "Well what the fuck was I supposed to talk about? Y'all are like ants, up in my shit all the time." I joked, making the two of them crack up. "You did so good, though! I'll watch the performance later when they put it online." he said, waving before hanging up the FaceTime call. "You did do really good." shrugged Matt, reaching for my hand. "I'm sorry the camera caught you, I didn't know they were gonna do that." I apologized. "Now the whole world knows that we're cute as fuck." he smiled, making me giggle. "You're cute as fuck." I mumbled, wrapping my arms around his neck and kissing him. He laid back on the bed, wrapping his arms around me and kissing me back.