Chapter 9

Sorry for the late upload. My comment and vote boxes felt lonely so I had to take care of them : ( Don't you love them anymore?

Dedicated to all my lovely new fans!!!!!!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Chapter 9

When I was three I was adopted by a really nice family. The Matthews's. Everything was wonderful. Until Tina Matthews, my adopted mother, got pregnant and gave birth to a beautiful baby girl named Emily. She told me it was the worst pain that anyone could ever experience. Then they gave me back to the system.

She was a liar. A thousand births couldn't compare to the pain I am experiencing now.

All my muscles ached with the force of Tatiana's blows and I could just feel the ache seeping deeper and deeper into my body with every movement of her fists. Her angry thoughts sliced through my brain like a jagged knife, screaming at me with a hate so foul that I swear the stench of it permeated the air. Is this what my last moments feel like? I know I was bad and karma and all that jazz, but did I really deserve this mess?

Well there was that one time...

Nah. Still not bad enough for this unbearable pain that just continues to slice through my body at my sister's hands. I mean seriously, this chick is crazy and she is on a rampage. I won't even attempt to open my eyes to see her face, but if I did, then I'm sure that Tatiana is long gone and in her place is fury personified. At least that's what it sounds like from the snarls and growls erupting from her throat as she pounded into me again and again.

This projection gift she has sure is something. It's like I can see her drain the life from my body through her eyes. Wave after wave of hatred centered on me and me alone. I can see my face in a red haze that covers her eyes, and I'm nothing short of bloody and disfigured. But she isn't going to stop until my last breath is gone and I'm nothing more than a bloody stain left on the floor. That much I can tell.

"Tatiana release her! Now!" Sin yelled and I could vaguely hear the sound of his body hitting the wall as she took a reprieve from bashing my skull in, to push him away.

"No! You will not hurt your Queen!" Nikolai snarled. The seering pain in my mind tripled at the word, the red haze of anger, bitterness and hatred seem to stretch from her mind and wrap me up in a blanket of the blazing emotion just as the blows take on a fatal air. Does he not know that his talking only makes it worse?

I hear the sound of a loud smack reverberate through the room as Nikolai hits the floor, and I know that neither of them can save me from the wrath that is Tatiana. This is it. I'm going to die. And my sister is going to kill me.

I always knew I'd go out with a blaze, but this must be an inferno compared to my assumptions...

I can feel my blood spurting onto the ground as her fist connects to my jaw again and again. Bone breaking. Crunching. I can't even scream because the pain has sealed my lips. It feels as if a sledgehammer has knocked my skull around and I know that this is coming to an end. How easy it would be to just give in. Let the darkness wash over me in an inevitable blanket and fade into the blackness of death...

But I can't. I think about the promise I just made, not only to the people of Eenoy Lume and Nikolai, but to myself. I swore my heart, mind, and body to leading them in the future, and that's exactly what I plan on doing. If I'm really this Princess that they say I am, so strong and powerful, then I can't give up. No matter how easy it would be to simply lose myself in the pain and sink into the sweet oblivion that waits just around the corner, I will not do it. I've been a fighter my whole life, and there's no way I'm gonna give up just because she's stronger than me. I do not cower in fear at obstacles, I face them. I always have and I hope I always will.