48

Rebecca

"These look so good" Patrick says as we look at the save the dates.

They were all white and had silver writing on it. They were kinda basic but elegant at the same time. We had the date set for August 20th 2014 off the coast of Mexico. The cruise was reserved for us and our guests and I was so excited even though it was a year away. We had contacted our wedding parties and made sure they were available for that weekend, which they were.

"I think they look great, who needs a wedding planner" I ask.

"You know we should probably get one" he says and I laugh.

"Yeah. But we need some stuff to take to him or her. I don't want to get one and they ask what we want and neither of us know what to say" I defend.

"Okay, let's sit down and figure some things out" he says and I nod.

"Sounds like a plan" I nod.

He grabs his wedding planning notebook and a pencil and we sit in the living room. We play some music and start to shoot out ideas.

"What colors do you want. And no red and black is not a option" I say and he laughs.

"I wasn't going to say red and black. I kinda want something that isn't predictable. Something that is going to look good with the sunset behind us when the wedding is happening. Something fun and vibrant like this relationship" he claims.

"Okay. So how about a navy blue since we will be on a boat surrounded by anchor themed things and a coral color to go with it" I suggest.

"Oh that sounds nice. Can we have anchors in the wedding too" he asks.

"That's really cute, I like that" I admit.

"Awesome. So we got some colors, now what" he wonders.

"How about we figure out the flowers. I mean most of the planning is already done because it comes with the cruise. So we don't need to find chairs or seats and we can't figure out who is sitting where until they rsvp. There's not too much to do right now but we can pick out some flowers" I shrug.

"I know of a place" Patrick smiles.

"Oh. Are we actually leaving the house today? Because I was not prepared to go outside" I say pointing to my face.

"I don't know what you're talking about, you look beautiful" he says and I try to hide my smile.

"Can I at least change into a bigger shirt. I feel like the great pumpkin" I laugh as I pull at the oversized orange shirt I was wearing.

"Fine. I'll feed the dog then we'll go" he says and I nod.

"Sounds like a plan."

I pull on a floral maternity shirt and some shades. Being pregnant in the summer is a terrible thing and I kinda can't wait until the baby is here so I don't sweat through every article of clothing I have.

I meet Patrick downstairs and we go to into the city. We end up in the botanical gardens and look around at the different colors and types of flowers. Patrick holds my hand as we pick some out. It was so hard because they were all beautiful but I think we found the ones that would match the wedding beautifully.

"What should we do next" Patrick asks as we sit at the bench by the water. The scenery here was to die for and I kinda never wanted to leave.

"We should find a song" I say.

"What do you mean" he asks.

"I mean a song we can dance to for the first dance. A song that describes us and our relationship. It can be something we can start our lives together with, something that every time it comes in we can think back to that moment and smile" I insist.

"Hand me your phone" he demands and I look at him weird. "I didn't stutter, hand me your phone" he says and I just shrug. I hand him my phone and he starts to go through it.

"What are you doing" I wonder.

"I want to find our song and I know it's not on my phone. Unless you want our first song to be Rock You Like A Hurricane" he laughs.

"I wouldn't mind it but I prefer it not to be" I admit.

"Holy cow, you have a lot of songs on here" he gasps.

"I like to listen to music" I defend.

"How about this, I put your phone on shuffle and the first song that pops up is our song" he suggests.

"I'm not so sure that's a good idea. What if it's a bad song" I ask.

"Then our wedding just got a lot more interesting" he claims and I laugh.

"Fine. Put it on shuffle, let's see what happens" I say and he nods. He presses shuffle and I hold my breath. I know we didn't have to choose this song, but how awesome would it be if this song chose us?

There are a few instruments that start the song off and I knew immediately what this song was, it was one of my favorite after all.

"I don't know if I've heard this song" he admits.

"It's a beautiful song" I admit.

"In that case, would you share this dance with me" he asks.

"Right here? Right now" I question.

"Yes" he insists as he sets my phone on the bench. He pulls me off of it and into his arms. He rests his hands on my hips as we say back and fourth as the music softly plays in the background.

"Lying here with you
Listening to the rain
Smile just to see the smile upon your face
These are the moments I thank God that I'm alive
And these are the moments I'll remember all my life
I've found all I've waited for
And I could not ask for more

Looking in your eyes
Seeing all I need
Everything you are is everything in me
These are the moments
I know heaven must exist
And these are the moments
I know all I need is this
I've found all I've waited for, yeah
And I could not ask for more."

I couldn't get to smile off my face as Patrick listens to the music. Whenever we listen to a new song he does this thing where he closes his eyes and bobs his head to the song. He claims it helps him listen to the lyrics better, but I just thing he's weird. But he was really feeling this song and I was too.

"I could not ask for more than this time together
I could not ask for more than this time with you
And every prayer has been answered
Every dream I've had's come true
Yeah, right here in this moment
Is right where I'm meant to be
Here with you here with me
Yeah

These are the moments I thank God that I'm alive
And these are the moments I'll remember all my life
I've found all I've waited for
And I could not ask for more."

"I can see us having our first dance to this song. You in a beautiful white dress and me in a navy blue tuxedo. All of our friends surround us as the watch us happily dance together" he admits.

"I can see that" I smile.

"So is this our song" he asks and I nod.

"Yeah. This could be our song."