66

Rebecca

As we flip the page to the new year I get really excited. I can finally say that I was getting married this year and it's all starting to hit me.

And the first order of business is to find a wedding dress. The planning has been all smooth sailing up until now, but the thought of not finding a dress scares me. I wanted one that would look great on the boat and great on me, not asking for all that much. But if I don't find one I like today I'm practically screwed. After this it's just craziness and I would not have the time to pick and choose.

I have Patrick's sisters and Chloe and my mom join me as we go on a search for a dress. There was plenty of options to look at around Chicago, on Michigan Avenue alone you could spend a whole day in dress shops. But I didn't want that, I wanted to find one and be done. I get overwhelmed easy and its hard enough that I don't have Patrick or Junior with me, but I'm also making one of the biggest decisions of my life.

We go through the first bridal shop and don't really find anything we love. We saw dresses we liked, but never ones we loved.

Eventually we head into the final dress shop we could handle today. The girls were still in town for a while but I wanted them to hang out with their brother instead of helping me find a dress so I was really hoping to find one today.

Chloe grabs me and we look through the dresses. The girls all look for bridesmaids dresses since they would have to decide on the same thing. I already have the maid of honor dress so I didn't have to worry about Chloe. It was them finding something they all like is what I was worried about.

But I had my own things to worry about, like finding my wedding dress, so that's what I put my focus on. We pick out a few before I find my mom staring at a dress.

"What did you find" I ask and she turns to me with a huge smile.

"This dress... it reminds me of the one I got married to your father in. But it's even more beautiful than that one" she claims.

I walk over and look at the dress that was hanging up by itself. It looked older with the more cream color but modern with the sheer parts of the top. The rhinestones were in a beautiful pattern and sparkles when the light hit it. It would be perfect for my wedding because it's not too much and I won't over heat in it and when that open sun catches those rhinestones it would sparkle like crazy.

"This dress is incredible" I gasp.

"I think you should try it on" my mom insists.

"No way I can pull off a dress like that" I defend.

"You're the only one that can pull that off" she claims and I smile.

I get a consultant to get the dress down then I put it with the others to go try one. I gather everyone in my party and we get started.

I do the other ones first, and like every time before, they were nice but they were not it. Finally get to the dress my mom found and I slip it on. I look in the mirror and the smile on my face was big.

I walk out into the little room we had reserved for today

I walk out into the little room we had reserved for today. I see Erica gasp as I walk out. She puts her hands over her mouth as she closes it.

"Becca" she whispers as I turn around.

"Do you like it" I ask just about everyone.

"It's amazing. Becca... you in that dress is so beautiful" Chloe insists.

"Yeah Bec, that dress is by far the best one we've seen" Jackie insists and I nod. That's what I like to hear.

"Mom... what do you say" I ask as she just stares at me.

"You are so beautiful" she says softly and I start to blush. I smile at her as she continues to look me over. "I always dreamed of this day, how I wish your father was here to see you. He always talked about the day you got married and he got to hand you off to some lucky guy. I could only imagine what he would say if he were here right now" she sniffles.

"Probably to put more clothes on" I giggle and she nods.

"Probably. But only after he told you how absolutely stunning you look in the dress" she assures me.

"I think this is it" I admit. I knew it was but I couldn't get those words out.

"I don't think you could possibly look any better" Jackie claims and I smile.

"Thank you" I reply as I look down.

"Can I just go on record to say that Patrick is going to loose his shit when he sees you" Erica insists.

"I sure hope not, if he starts crying then I'll start crying and there's no stopping that" I insist.

"I'll bring the tissues" she winks and I laugh.

"Great" I reply sarcastically.

I get measured and we send the dress to altering. There wasn't a lot that needed to be done but we had time so there was no reason to make sure the dress fits perfectly.

After that I help Patrick's sisters find a bridesmaids dress. They might be related but they hardly ever all want the same thing. But after a while we settle on a knee length coral dress that was comfy yet cute, and of course it had pockets.

Finally after a long day I take the girls home so they could have some brother-sister time. So I hang out with Junior in his room, feed him and do tummy time. He's already grown so much it's crazy. He tries to talk to us but all that comes out is grunts and noises. But it's still cute nonetheless.