Chapter 1: The Ride.

Lizzie’s Point-of-View:

“Come on Lizzie! Hurry up! We need to leave now or we’ll never get to Boston in time for our reservation!” Lucy whined. Lucy was one of my five best friends. She was the most reasonable out if all of us, and I loved her for that. She was always there to stop me from acting like an idiot, since I was one. The one quirk she had was she got stressed really easily. I don’t know why though. But the one thing that made her the most stressed was being late. So, right now I was pushing her buttons. “CALM DOWN! We have plenty of time. The reservation is at 7:30 and it’s only 4,” I said rolling my eyes. “DON’T YOU ROLL YOUR EYES AT ME MISSY!” she said even though she couldn’t see me. I swear she has eyes in the back of her head. Either that or she was like Marvel Girl with her ‘telepathic powers’ and all. Yes, I just made a superhero reference. I’m a total nerd when it comes to superheroes. I even own tons of comic books. “Besides….” I dragged on, “how will anyone fall in love with me if I don’t look pretty?!” I finished saying. “You’ll be fine! Let’s go! We still need to pick up Lily, Skye, and Kate! They’ll be mad if we’re late! Plus you know how Durgin-Park is! If we’re late we’ll have to wait even longer for our table! Anyways, I took one last looks at my outfit. I was wearing a fourth of July themed look, since it was the fourth of July. I had a faded loose American flag tank top on with a red lace bra. They were accompanied by jean shorts with stars on them. I even had American flag high-tops to match. My hair was wavy with a braid down the side. My nails were a sparkly navy blue, and my makeup was blue sparkly eye liner, with red sparkly eye shadow. The blue eye shadow on the top had tiny silver stars across it. To top it off, I had my big Gucci sunglasses. Okay, so when it came to outfits and themes I admit I can get carried away, but that’s just me. I decided I liked my outfit and was ready to go. “FINISHED!” I yelled trying to distract Lucy from the panic attack she was about to have. “FINALLY! Okay I’ll call the girls. Let’s go.” While she called the others I looked at her outfit. She was somewhat dressed for the occasion. At least she was wearing the right colors. She was wearing white short-shorts with a brown woven belt. She also had a navy blue sheer tank top with medium sized polka dots on it. She was wearing brown sandal-heels and the top was navy blue and white striped with a bow in the top. She had a jean jacket and a navy blue with white stars (like the American flag) clutch to match. And to finish it off she was wearing her hair down with some peacock earrings. Why the earrings? I honestly had no idea but I’ve learned not to question my friends and just go with it-especially when it came to our fashion ideas. We all had different fashion statements and I was a mix of all if them. The girls were waiting for us, as usual, so I ran downstairs from Lucy’s house in Rye, New Hampshire. I actually lived in a fancy apartment in Beacon Hill. This was the most expensive place in Boston and I loved it. But, I had slept over Lucy’s for the past week and couldn’t wait to be home.

Lucy and I jumped into my sunshine yellow (with a black stripe down the middle) '69 Ford Mustang, and off we went. I was now 18, but I got this car for my Sweet 16. It was the best present ever. It used to be my Dad’s-he got it up and running for me. It took a while, but it was finally running like there was no tomorrow. I loved this car so much that I went a learned the parts of the car. We added AC, a new radio, new leather seats, and a new side mirror. The best part about this car was that it had lap seat belts. And It. Was. Legal!

When we picked up the girls from Kate’s house in Littleton, Mass they were slightly annoyed I was late. Kate’s house was a bit out of the way, but I didn’t care. The funny thing is I live in Boston, Lucy lives in Rye, Kate lives in Littleton, Lily lives in North Billerica, and Skye lives in Georgetown. We all live so far away from each other. Yet, we still hung out like every day. That’s what I loved about us. We would stay friends no matter what. Once my friends got into the car I turned up the radio and off we went.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~LATER~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“HEY I JUST MET YOU AND THIS IS CRAZY BUT HERE’S MY NUMBER SO CALL ME MAYBEE!!!!!!!!!!!” we all screamed as loud as we could. It was our ritual. It was a game I had decided to start one time when I was bored in the car. It was called Beat the Radio. It’s pretty self explanatory. No one won in the game, it was just for fun. Also, the expressions the people in the cars passing by were the best. You’d get every expression possible from amusement and people in hysterics to absolute terror.

Our voices were a little hoarse from singing but we sang anyway. Halfway through the song “Red Solo Cup” (by Toby Keith) I felt the car lurch forward a bit. I looked in my rear-view mirror and saw a weird van with a bunch of teenage boys in it. They were laughing their heads off, probably at us. From what I don’t know, it could’ve been our singing or the fact that they just rear-ended Barbara-Sally-Sue-Piggy-Sugar!! Yes, that was my car’s name. When I first got the car we all tried to name it at once and that’s now her name. Yes, I have weird friends....but anyway I just call her Sunshine for short (since that was her color). I decided to pull over and if they pulled over too I’d give them a piece of my mind. Besides I needed to make sure Sunshine was okay and how bad the damage was…

**A/N Okay so there's the first chapter! Tell me what you think! Vote and comment! i'll take any type of criticism. thanks! <3**