ix. catalyst

I want to warn you that now we're venturing into the darker topics and so be aware if anything triggering comes up, please. You don't have to read this if you don't want to, so if a topic makes you feel ill, then you can skip it, as we're going through some current topics (kind of) and more mature topics. The most mature I've actually gotten into, so I hope that this is good, at least for reading, but not actually anything more. I don't condone any of the following topics scene in any of the book and don't want this book to inspire the actions of others, so don't take me to court for your problems.....
Also, from this chapter you can probably reveal some hidden information about the characters of Samuel and Dyllin, as they aren't the most heavily known. So, while it does take some inferring and speculation, hopefully ya'll can understand the hidden message that comes in the chapter.

Chloe sat on the bench as she was forced to meet up with Matt that day in order to gain the attention of Matt. Matt grinned as he walked over and took a seat beside him.

"Hey," Matt spoke.

"Hey." Chloe said happily back in response but her voice dimmed as she was scared of saying anything that would help the horrible, arrogant, self centered brat known as Dyllin. She did not want to help the dude in any way, however, had to on the contract.

"How are you doing?" Matt asked.

"Good, you?" Chloe asked curiously and genuinely.

"I'm doing well - thanks for asking." Matt said.

Chloe choked on words and bit her lip nervous of even speaking about it. "So... Dyllin needs a friend." The friend of The ground-artist said.

"Wow, who is this dude? Because I am pretty sure that at this school, or whatever you would call it. Everyone has a friend, and I think that's the curse off being in a school with so little people, we have to mingle and so thus, we become friends to carry us along. It's just primitive nature to us."

"He doesn't have any friends, and I think you should give him a chance." Chloe said, and as much as it hurt her to say those words, to lead her best friend into trouble, as she had no clue what would be on the other side of the tunnel. She just held her breath while she awaited an answer.

    "Yeah, I guess." Matt said before walking off to the forlorn misfit, who was the outcast, the loner at the school. The one without any friends, and yet, although in a strange way he almost was happy to be that way, he had no one to talk to, and thus could keep his life a secret - he could keep his dirty, disgusting life a secret.

    "Hey, my friend Chloe has been talking about you, and I wanted to know if you wanted to hang out?" Matt asked.

    Dyllin turned to face the next target in his game plan with a wide smile in complete shock, the two girls had actually done their part and it was easier done then said. He was proud of their work and wanted to get started right away, however he needed to get closer first.

    "Sure." Dyllin said. "My place, tonight, 6pm?" Dyllin asked, raising a brow of confusion and yet, he perfectly understood and began to plot out what he planned to do to the dark person, and what he was doing was far more grim then Matt would have ever plotted to do with his skin.

"Yeah, if you want." Matt said before walking away.

After Matt had left, Samuel turned over to make eye contact with Samuel. He walked over, each move sharp with distinct functions, his feet slamming against the pavement, sounding like dynamite to a flame. He eyed Samuel down, and began to speak. His voice like lightning, dazzling everyone, and taking them by surprise.

"I'm gonna need to ask a favour from you." Dyllin demanded, not even allowing Samuel to have an option,

"Sure." Samuel said, his voice nervous over what this could be, was it anything he was used to? Or would be it something else?

"I'm gonna need you to not be around tonight, maybe if you have a girlfriend, go on a date?" Dyllin asked Samuel.

    Samuel smiled, this was perfect timing and he grinned along. "Yeah, I have a girlfriend actually. I'll be sure ask her out tonight." Samuel said before walking over to Alisa. "Hey, I am free tonight, so do you wanna maybe.... Go on a date?"

    Alisa smiled, a date? Her first date? She could not believe that this was actually happening, this was for real. Her eyes lit up profusely as she was imagining what it would be like. "Sure, where do you want to go to?" She asked curiously.

    "Doesn't matter. Should be texted if anything pops up randomly tonight." Samuel said, and then Alisa smiled. Finally, time for then to connect more and be themselves. She was feeling very pumped about her first date, and was happy because she knew that with his situation, there would not be many dates. She had no clue how it was to go, however she still felt nonetheless, confident over this new jump into territory, she just wanted to fit in, and now she was. She was finally fitting in and could not feel being alone.

    "Sure." Alisa said, and then they hugged each other, they were feeling amazing.

    -

    The doorbell rang and Dyllin walked over and opened the door. "Hey." Dyllin said.

    "Hey," Matt said and he quickly took a seat, there was awkward tension filing the air, neither of them knew what to say, and so they kept the silence relavent until it took a toll on their personality. They stared, and things took off from there.

    "Do you know Alisson?" Dyllin asked.

    "Yeah, we're cool. I am off to her place after this. Are you trying to interrogate me or something?" Matt asked.

    "No, it's nothing. But, is there a particular reason as to why?" Dyllin asked devilishly. He had some ideas as for what they could do, but he wanted to find out more information and more secrets.

"Yeah, she has a child." Matt said, not thinking about Alisson at that very moment, and then Dyllin snapped, got up, and the rest, to Matt was blurry, he was scared, but he had no clue what was going on. He just waited for the time to pass him by. Of course, this would be the catalyst of what was to only come...

-

Samuel and Alisa were walking on the pavement after their supper. "Hey, today was fun." Alisa said as their hands were holding each other, the static passing by in their bodies.

"Yeah, I agree. It was fun." Alisa said. "That time when you asked me about my life and I didn't hear you so I asked you about yours instead of answering? That was fun," She reminisced over the memories that she had engraved in her mind which took place the hour prior.

"I know, right?" Samuel laughed. He felt a buzz in his phone and he checked it. "I have to get going now."

"Why don't I walk you home?" Alisa asked.

"Yeah." Samuel nodded, biting his lip as he had never maintained an actual conversation until then. They walked to his house and when they were by the door, Samuel turned to Alisa, and grinned. Samuel leaned in for a kiss, and Alisa accepted.

"It was a fun time tonight. I hope we can do it again?" Alisa asked, though she knew that given his circumstances, the two could possibly never have enough time for a second date, or marriage possibly. Unless he could somehow, though it would be almost impossible.

"Yeah, you know I can't, but I'll try." Samuel said, before going in and Alisa turned-her back to the door immediately, and made her way off, dispersing from her love. Meanwhile, Samuel walked in and was given with a nerving sight. Something he would never be able to bring away from his face. He was scared, and his heart began to race. Should he tell the cops? What could he do? He had no choice but to sit there, and watch. It scarred him, and yet he had to stay. He kept calm, and knew that hopefully soon he could report it, he needed to. Hopefully this was the ticket out of the hell he had made for himself. As what he was was dangerous, and shouldn't have ever been done. Under no circumstances would anyone, or most people, condone the actions for which he saw.

Rape.