8. A Big Responsibility

Not the best, and I apologize.

-

The Five Times Lauren Took Care of Her Younger Siblings And The One Time They Took Care of Her.

-

2019

One

Lauren looked up while her Mama and Elizabeth talked. She was hugging Nala as tightly as she could.. Mama was showing Elizabeth the important signs incase Lauren struggled talking.

Lauren gave Leo a pet while she waited for the adults to finish talking.

"We'll take real good care of her. Chris was excited to have a sleepover with Lauren. He's been wanting to spend time with his big sister," Elizabeth answered, a grin on her face.

Ally nodded and crouched down in front of Lauren. "Your mom and I love you very much. If you need us, have Chris or Elizabeth call. I love you."

"L-love y-you Mama," Lauren said, stepping into Ally's arms and kissing her cheek.

Ally hugged her daughter. She kissed her cheek before leaving.

"Ready to see Taylor, Lauren?" Elizabeth asked, leading Lauren into the house.

"Wh-where Ch'is?" Lauren questioned, looking up at the woman.

"He's getting pizza with Big Chris."

Lauren nodded. She froze when Taylor started to cry. Lauren looked up at Elizabeth in shock.

"She probably needs a change, want to help?"

Lauren nodded her head. "I-I b-be b-big sssis'er."

Elizabeth offered her hand to Lauren. The little girl walked with her biological sister's mother to the youngest's room. She ran her hand through Taylor's hair while Elizabeth changed her.

"'o'o," Taylor giggled, grabbing Lauren's finger.

"Hi 'ay-'aylor," Lauren whispered, grinning at her baby sister.

Taylor laughed.

Lauren beamed at Elizabeth when the woman finished cleaning Taylor.

"You're an awesome big sister."

"Y-yes."

-

Two

"Lolo!" Chris shouted as he ran to hug his big sister. Lauren beamed as she hugged him.

"Hey Lauren," Older Chris greeted, smiling at the young girl.

Lauren gave the man a toothy grin. "H-hallo."

"How are you today? Did you learn that new word?"

"T-tywan-wanno'auw-wus w-wex," Lauren answered, proud of her self.

The older Chris grinned. he gave Lauren a high five. "That is great. Next up, Triceratops."

"T-ticewa-ops," Lauren muttered, nodding her head. "I-I g-get, 'k-kay?"

"I know you will."

Younger Chris let out a whine when he tried to get his shoes off and was unable to. Lauren rushed to him. It was a perfect moment to be a big sister.

She ran to him and stared at his shoes before pulling at one of the shoelaces. She grinned as she grabbed the shoe, pulling it off. Chris gasped and clapped his hands. "T'ank you," Chris said, kicking his free foot.