17. A Klutzy Puppy

2014 - 2017

During Lauren's time with the Martins, all Lauren knew was pain. It all changed when Lauren and Normani ran away. But that's a story for another time.

-

2019

Five year old Lauren was playing in the school yard. Lucy, Alexa and Keana were playing jump rope nearby,. Lauren didn't want to play with them, but they didn't want to leave her alone so they stayed close. Lauren was standing off on the other side, one of her hands gripping Nala and the other bouncing a ball the other kids let her play with.

Lauren felt someone staring at her. She looked up to see Brad glaring at her, his hands crossed over his chest. Lauren let the ball drop and roll away from her. Brad smiled and turned away.

Lauren ran after the ball and grabbed it, bouncing it again. She didn't notice the bully walk up to her, her eyes on the little game she was playing by herself. She felt two hands on her back. She lost her grip and felt herself fall forward. Her knees made first impact with the ground. She didn't have time to stop her hands and her cheek hit the ground.

Her knees and cheek stinged, as tears filled her eyes. Everything blurred as a sob escaped her mouth. She heard people call out her name but just continued to cry.

"Lolo!" she heard Camila scream, running towards her. She felt someone pull her up. Ms. Anna inspected her cheek, a frown on her face.

"Let's get you cleaned up, yeah?"

Lauren nodded her head. Austin placed her arm around his shoulder, Hailee helping on the other side. Together, they helped Lauren into the classroom.

"How did you fall?" Ms. Anna asked, crouching down in front of Lauren.

The five year old shook her head. Camila looked angry, her hands into fists.

"Do you want to go home?" Ms. Anna asked, in which Lauren nodded her head. Ms. Anna helped Lauren up. She told Lucy to watch the classroom while she took Lauren to the nurse. Camila followed behind, ready to translate for her sister.

"Does it hurt?" the nurse asked, getting a nod. "I'm going to have to disinfect. Camila, can you hold your sister's hand?"

Lauren squeezed Camila's hand as she felt the stinging. She cried when Dinah rushed into the office, her hands wrapping around her mother. Dinah picked her up. "Poor baby."

Lauren just leaned into her mother. "Ow," Lauren whispered into her ear, her good cheek resting on Dinah's shoulder.

"I know baby, let's get you home. Do you want to stay?" Dinah asked her middle child.

Camila nodded her head. "I wanna teach lesson," she answered, her hands into fists.

Dinah nodded. "Go my child, avenge your sister." Dinah and Camila went their own ways, Lauren wiped her tears.

"Ow m-mommy," Lauren whispered, her eyes closing.

"I know baby, but I'm here, mommy is here."

Lauren closed her eyes, feeling exhausted. She fell asleep.

-

2022

Eight year old Lauren was running. Her mothers were watching, smiling. Camila was out with Ariana and her family, and Normani was hanging out with Becky, Jilly and Bebe. Dinah and Ally took out Lauren, Halsey, Lucy, Alexa, Keana, and Dua.

"I-it," Lauren giggled, tapping Dua. (The british girl had been running slowly so Lauren could catch her.)

"Awe, man," Dua complained, going to a tree.