Part 17- Declaration

Sam's POV:

Almost a week since Christmas and there still has been no word from Dad. Sometimes... sometimes I almost miss him. Then I replay the scene from Christmas Eve and my heart hardens. If he can't accept me, that's his problem. 

The shrill alarm jolts Gabriel and I awake. It's the first day back to school after the break and I'm not looking forward to it. 

Both Gabriel and I in a weird position where we everyone in the family knows, but the people at school don't. We actually never talked about it, but as we wake up, we decide to talk about it.

"Good morning, Sammy," Gabriel says to me brightly, ever the morning person.

"Morning Gabe," I reply. "I think we should talk about school."

"What about it?" He looks at me, confused.

"Should we openly be in our relationship at school? I don't want people giving you a hard time because you're gay."

Gabriel smiled sweetly, a sight that touched my heart every time. "I'm not worried. They can come at me, but they're not going to have much luck getting to me. What about you? If you're not comfortable with it, that's fine."

"No, Gabriel. I'm fine with it. So we'll make it official?"

"Hells yeah. Let's give that school a taste of the rainbow."

We head downstairs together after getting ready and greet the others scattered throughout the dining room, living room, and kitchen. 

"Morning!" A chorus greets us and we return it.

Cas puts his bowl and spoon on the counter next to him and hops down from the edge of the counter where he sat eating cereal. "Hey, guys. Dean and I kinda have an announcement."

Everyone looks up expectantly. I flash a knowing look to Gabriel who grins.

"Um, we're dating now."

A cheer goes up and Cas gets surprised by Michael yelling to him, "Who kissed first?"

"He did," Dean says shortly, taking a bite of his eggs.

"Ha, suck it Luci, pay up." Balthazar holds out his hand and Lucifer begrudgingly pulls out his wallet and hands him twenty one dollar bills. I get ten from Gabe, but owe fifteen to Michael.

Dean looks up at our transactions and raises a hand. "Hey, you guys were betting on us?"

"Uh, yep," Balthazar says, popping the 'p'. 

"They're just too cute," Gabriel comments.

After a few minutes, dishes are washed, dried, and put away and everyone heads out to school or work respectively. The last few moments in the Novak house were utter chaos, what with two extra people, but we all manage to make it out on time.

We load into the Impala and make it to school with less than three minutes to spare.

Together, Gabriel and I run to Chemistry, just making it in time for the late bell. Panting, we file into our seats as the lesson begins.

Castiel's POV:

We had just made it to geometry on time and the teacher gave us a weird look on the way in. Ignoring him, we found our seats and began the lesson. 

With only twenty minutes left in class, a phone starts ringing. Everyone looks around to see who's it is and to my surprise, it's Dean's. He pulls a burner phone out of the pocket of his leather jacket at looks at it, fear and surprise flooding his features.