Chapter 2: a twist in time

"Sakura! Hey Sakura!"

Sakura jerked out of her trance and gazed around in a dazed manner, she blinked a few times until she realized where she was. The school..with mini versions of all her friends staring at her from the front of the classroom.

"uh...yea?" she blinked

Sakura was utterly confused, until Iruka, her sensei during school spoke. "Sakura, your up first, come review the transformation jutsu."

Sakura got to her feet and walked down to the front slowly, not enough to stall but to gather her thoughts. It could be an elaborate prank by Naruto..or it could be something else entirely...

"Stop stalling forehead." Ino, Sakura's blonde headed friend, snapped.

Sakura's eye's landed on Sasuke, and she knew this was no prank, because Sasuke was far..far from home.

"Transform!"

old memories flowed through Sakura like water, memories of her time at the academy...memories of Team 7..before Sasuke left the team..when Naruto left the village to train.

"what the!"

Sakura opened her eyes and saw black hair hanging in her face..shit..she turned into Sauske..25 year old Sasuke.

Sakura's transformation of Sasuke had one visible black eye and black hair that was flat, hanging over his left eye keeping it from being seen. the transformation was wearing a black cloak with purple lining, and an grey, long-sleeved, collared shirt, over which was a periwinkle vest. There was also black pants, a purple belt, and dark grey fingerless glove on the visible right hand..while the left was missing entirely and a forehead protector, hanging from the left hip.

people were whispering and Sakura quickly undid the transformation and spat out a hasty comment "S-sorry! I wasn't focased.." she lied through her teeth.

"Sakura" Iruka remarked. "that transformation was very detailed..have you seen that man before?"

"no sir." another lie, of course she'd seen him before..that was her husband Sasuke Uchiha.

Sakura quickly walked to the other side of the room and was drawn back into her thoughts..it made no sense..was Sakura Uchiha really in the past? back to the days of peace?..

Sakura was so deep in her thoughts..she didn't notice Sasuke was watching her...he noticed that something about her was different compared to 10 minutes ago..something that changed her entire personality in just a few minutes..and that guy she transformed into..who was he?

Iruka jolted Sakura from her thoughts.

"Alright, remember tomorrow is the graduation exam..if you don't pass, you don't become a Ninja..now go home and get some rest."

Sakuras  thoughts wandered and her feet followed a set path.

why am i here? she wondered.  it must have been that scroll..but why? why did it bring me back here?  back to the time before team 7?

Sakura looked up and was surprised to see she was standing at the gates of the Uchiha compound..the place Sarada and Sakura had been living for the past 12 years..

the walls were crumbling and the paint old and peeling..the Uchiha crests on the walls faded with age..Sakura remembered helping rebuild the compound,  how she  hand panted the very crests that looked back at her from the crumbling wall.

Sakura stepped past the broken gates and into the building, she wanted to remove her shoes once she stepped into the building but it was dangerous with the debris that had fallen into the house from being in disrepair.  

Mama!

Sakura started and turned, expecting to see Sarada, a small smile played on her lips, quickly fading into nothing.  

Sakura was in the past..she didn't know why..but she was.

a few more steps took her into the library..empty in her time..but full of books now.  Sakura ran her hands along the dusty covers, until she found an old photo album, one that she had opened a lot back home..

Pictures of Sasuke as a baby..a child..happy and smiling..until the pictures suddenly stopped...Sasuke was 5..

Sakura had never seen Sasuke smile during their youth..only after the 4th war..did she see his smile..when he promised her he would come back..when he married her...when they had a child..

Sakura quickly wiped the tears from her eyes and shut the book, placing it nicely back on the shelf..where it would stay for 10 more years. Where it would stay until Sakura added pictures to it's worn binding.

Sakura's feet lead her to the kitchen..where she was only a few hours ago..and she wanted to cry when she saw it. Sakura Uchiha was a powerful kunoichi of the hidden leaf..yet at this moment in time she felt like a small child..unable to do anything but cry.. 

Behind Sakura there was a loud bang, and the pink haired girl quickly hid, not wanting to be found by anyone who had decided to enter this place.

"I don't know why i keep coming here.." a soft voice complained.

Sasuke?  why is he here?

"damnit!" Sasuke exclaimed, walking into the kitchen and into Sakura's view. "wait..footprints?" 

Sakura knew she was well hidden, but that didn't stop her heart from pounding.

"people must be looking for things to sell again..damn them." Sasuke shook his head "they ran this place dry already...can't they leave it alone?" he turned and walked away.. His footsteps fading..and so was his chakra.

Sakura decided it was time to leave..after all..she didn't live here in this timeline. So she returned to her parents home and  got some rest..