Luci's Reckoning

Chapter 1: The Day Luci Came

Rhiannon got up on that cold Christmas morning, looking out over the estates spacious grounds and watched the snow falling beautifully on their lawn. It was covering everything all around, with its icy crystals, for she had been watching it fall in all of its wonder, out of the windows. Everything was glistening white and was so quiet. Although it was the best time of the year, she was reluctant to get out of her bottom bunk bed. It was too cold and she didn't want to get out of her bed and out from beneath the warm covers. But, it was Christmas and she wanted to see what lay underneath their massive decorated spruce tree. It was truly the greatest tree that their servants had ever decorated before.
Rhiannon and Adan Magruder were children that came from the old Magruder family from Glasgow, Scotland. There ancestors had been here for 200 years and were from the first of the famous Magruders that were of Scottish descendants that lived on the Dunnolli Estate. They had plenty of money for their decorations and used antique ornaments for their Christmas tree. The staff always had decorated the entire estate, beginning on the first of Advent. So everything was beautifully designed with sprigs of holly and beautiful red berries all around. The smells of Christmas came from the kitchen, and this was one of the reasons Rhiannon awoke for she smelled the glorious baked goods from the kitchen. The staff had started preparing Christmas breakfast and dinner for the family, early that morning. And while they were still sleeping someone had laid gifts underneath their tree, awaiting for the children to awaken and run down their stairs in excitement.

Rhiannon was awaking, and removed the sleep from her eyes, calling out to her brother Adan. "It's Christmas, Adan, wake up! Let's go downstairs and see what we were given this year!" Adan, who was two years younger than she, had always slept in the same bedroom. He slept on the top bunk bed and they both knew that this was going to change this next year. Their parents had told them it was becoming time for them to have separate bedrooms because of their ages. They hated the idea of being broken apart but they would never say this to their parents. They knew it was time for the separation but today was Christmas and they had no problems with that right at the moment.

Adan heard his sister calling out to him but he exclaimed that he was too cold to get up right then so he turned over and was starting to go back to sleep, when she pulled him out from beneath the warm covers. "Come on Adan, remember what you wanted from father your new bicycle. I am so excited to see if I got my new doll house and can't wait to see the dolls that come with it!" She said with excitement.

Finally they both got ready and ran down the stairs screaming in delight, when they saw what was left under their beautiful tree. The massive amount of presents were unbelievable and then their parents came from their suites to join the children on that Christmas morn. The servants had a warm fire aglow and it warmed the room and they were so delighted with what they saw. Adan had been given his new bicycle that was the color of black sleekness and Rhiannon's Doll House was unbelievable. It was the made in the same architecture as their own home and was so big that she could actually get into one of the larger rooms. It had all my these items that were created to match their home, a couch and chairs and it had the nursery for her newest doll. She was a porcelain girl of beauty, with long golden braids and the bluest eyes. But, her eyes seemed so cold to Rhiannon, something was different about her new doll but she ignored her feelings and was so excited about everything else that had gotten that day.

Chapter One Written By @MaryEllenCampbell