20.

The painting and the kiss

Stan turned back around to go back to his friends but when he turned around they weren't there. Or more like he wasn't there. He was in a new part of the sewer, it was almost like a room. It had loads of different tunnels going in and out of it. The losers club were in one of them but he could not see them.

Stan frantically looked around, his flashlight only falling on more empty tunnels.
"Guys?"
"Evie?"
Stan called out but the losers couldn't hear him.

Panicked he looked around faster trying to remember where he might of came from but it was no use. The light from his torch landed on the thing he least wanted to see; the woman from the painting.
*

"Guys, Where is Stan?" Evie said more alarmed then before, he was gone.
"Stan?"
"Stanley!"
The losers called out as they trudged through the tunnel and out into deeper grey water.
"Oh shit grey water" Eddie mumbled as they continued through, searching for their missing friend.
Then they heard a muffled scream.

"Shit! Stan!" Richie called out as they all went running towards the scream. Evie was in front of all the boys, her heart pounding in her chest.

They reached a rusted door and all tried to get it open, still hearing his mumbled, failed attempts at screaming.
"We're coming man! We're coming don't worry!"
Finally, they burst through.

It was dark, but Eddie seen his flashlight. He picked it up and it shone on Stan on the floor.
The woman from the painting was on top of him, rows and rows of teeth bared almost sucking his face off.
Blood was coming off of Stan's face and Evie let out a small scream into her hands. 
"What the fuck is that thing?" Richie shouted, "oh shit"
The woman stared at the kids and removed her mouth from Stan. He was gasping for air and had little cuts around his face from her sharp teeth.

However, she didn't attack the children. She merely backed off slowly into a tunnel. She stared at them longer before moving out of sight, but then the clown took her place. Again he just stared at them, almost taunting them with his wicked grin.

When the clown was out of sight Evie was the first to Stan, immediately followed by the rest of them.
"Stanley! Stan!" Evie went to gently touch his face when Stan freaked out.
"No! No! No!" He just kept chanting "no" as the losers tried to comfort him, he sat up and tried to back away.
Evie was close to tears but she had to be strong for him, "it's okay", she said in her calmest voice.
"You left me! You took me into Neibolt! You're not my friends! You made me go into Neibolt!"
"Stanley we're sorr-"
"You made me go into Neib-" Stan was cut off.

Evie had slammed her lips to his in a way to calm him down.
Even in their darkest moment the kiss was sweet, passionate and gave them both butterflies. They melted into each other and felt their fears and worries vanish. She gently pulled away, after what felt like an eternity, and hugged Stan.
Even though the losers were shocked at what happened they joined in on the hug and placed their arms around the pair. All except Bill who had been distracted by Georgie. Who had appeared in a tunnel.

Eddie looked up just to catch the back of Bill's foot as he turned the corner in a tunnel.
"Bill! Bill!" The losers started to get up again.
Most of them were already running after Bill but Evie and Stan stayed for a second.

"Sorr-" Evie started but she was cut off by Stan pecking her lips and intertwining their fingers.
She couldn't help but smile as they ran after Bill. 

💛
A/n: this book is almost done and I'm honestly sad about it 😭