Jealous

-Another little piece that just came to mind-

I watch as she walks away from me. I can still hear her voice in my ear. It whispers "We're done" and it won't go away. My ears ring as I watch her sway her hips in a strut I haven't seen in a while. Am I the one that broke her?

She doesn't talk to many people anymore, I don't know if that's because of her anxiety or she wants to be alone. I've seen her get approached by other guys and she barely looks at them. When I get the chance to look in her eyes they're dull and it makes me wonder if I was the one who broke her. 

Her friend talks to her saying to just leave it. I don't know what they're talking about but as soon as it's said she looks back at me and I see those eyes again. Then I realize, she was talking about me. She's asking if she should give me another shot and I wasted it again. I wasn't supposed to hear it. She's doubting herself and it's all because of me.

I take my date back to my place and her lips attack mine. Her body falls to the couch and I climb on top of her to make love however when I look up from the kiss it's like a nightmare. I see her. Through the window she's coming down the sidewalk, not even on the other side like she always used to do. Her smile lights as bright as the street glows. It's the first time I've seen it in a while. I send the girl away, I couldn't kiss another while I watched her go down the street. 

Weeks pass by before I see her again. She's working on a woods project for someone. There's a man besides her drinking coffee and they seem to be having a nice conversation. I walk into the shop and up to the front counter in hopes of maybe starting a project and eavesdropping on them. I hear her laugh, her beautiful laugh and it makes me ball up my fist. I left right away. 

Maybe a month after that I saw her again with the same man although it's slightly different. She's trying to cut a piece and he's helping her push it. He's standing too close they could be touching. He shouldn't touch her. I start to run into the woods shop to do... well to do nothing. She isn't my girl anymore, what would I say?

The next time I see her it's on her front porch. I'm driving down the street to see her and the guy standing on the front porch. They're leaning in. He's gonna kiss her. He's gonna kiss what's mine. But she's not mine, not anymore. Not after I messed up. But he's kissing her and I've stopped the car. I wanna run to her. I wanna run to her and tell her. 

Tell her that through everything, 

I still love her

And I don't wanna let her go. Ever. But she's letting me go. I can see it in her closed eyes. I'm losing her, she's letting go of me. She found happiness in herself and someone fell in love with it and her. Just like I did. Though I doubt he'll mess up like I did.