Two

"Katniss..." her voice trails off.

"What was that?" I said curiously.

"I went to District 2 and visited Gale for you." she said sounding guilty.

"And?" I said

"He was hurt very badly in an accident. " she said crying.

I drop the phone and just collapse crying. I can hear Annie calling my name but I just ignore her. It hurts to much to talk. "KATNISS?" I hear Peeta call my name and the next thing I know I am in his arms trying to explain, but all I can do is point to the phone because it still hurts to much. He picks up the phone and hears Annie's voice. He asks what happened and she tells him. He just looks at me with his loving blue eyes and tells me to pack enough clothes for 2 weeks because we are going to District 2. I just stare at him and smile before running up the stairs. I make it a few steps before I remember i'm pregnant and walk the rest of the way. Peeta comes up shortly after me and packs. We get on the train and go to District 2. It is a rough night because of the pain and thoughts of Gale possibly dying before I get to see him again. We arrive in District 2 early in the morning.  We head straight for the hospital. We got to Gale's room and he is just laying there motionless.  It kills me to see him this way. I don't know where it comes from, but I just start bawling. Then about 30 minutes later Gale wakes up and tells me to go to him, so I do. I tell him that i'm pregnant and he just smiles and hugs me. Then he just stops everything,he just shuts down, and his heart rate is going down. I can tell because his monitor was beeping.  Now it is just making a buzzing noise. I look at peeta and he is already running out of the room to get the nurse. They make us leave the room. So we just sit and wait. Then an hour later the doctor comes out.