Chapter 8.

Chapter 8

Technically I never broke the rule. But I did. It’s confusing but oh well. Eventually, I fell asleep, my whole body draped over Calum. I woke up slightly when the front door creaked open. Calum shifted but didn’t wake. I heard somebody searching the closet and tossing a blanket over Calum and me. Michael gave me a grin as he walked up the stairs. I cuddled into Calum and fell back asleep.

I pried my eyes open at the sound of the door slamming closed. I sat up and realized I was in my room instead of on the couch.

“That’s my sister!” Oh shit. I flung off my bed and rushed down the hall.

“Calm down man.” Calum said putting his arms in the air.

“No, I won’t calm down man! I came home to find you and my sister…I don’t even know. But I swear if you touch her again…”

“I won’t. It was a mistake.” Calum said cutting Ashton off. Right then and there my heart sank into my stomach.

“I’m going to stay with my parents for a couple days. I’ll see you at band practice.” Ashton nodded and watched as Calum slipped out the door.

“What the hell was that?”  I yelled.

“It doesn’t matter.” He mumbled. I groaned loudly before opening the door and running after Calum. He wasn’t that far ahead of me so it wasn’t long before I caught up to him.

“Calum.” He turned around.

“Just go back home Hayley, we will talk about this tomorrow.” He said flatly.

“What do you mean this?” I questioned. He stopped walking and completely turned towards me.

“You and me, whatever that was earlier…it can never happen again. It was a complete mistake and never should have happened.” And if you couldn’t hear that, that sound was my heart breaking in two.

“Oh. Okay. I’ll see you later I guess.”

“Hayley.”

“Forget it.” I said turning back and walking to the house as silent tears trickled down my cheeks. I opened the door and just my luck the rest of the boys were on the couch. As soon as I closed the door all eyes were on me.

“What’s wrong?” Luke asked. My eyes darted towards Ashton. I glared at him before going up to my room. I lied down on my bed and I swear my heart shattered into a billion little pieces. A soft knock echoed at my door.

“Go away.” I cried.

“Hayley you okay?” I turned over to see Luke in the doorway his face plastered with worry.

“I’m fine.” He crossed the room and wrapped his arms around me.

“No you’re not.” He whispered. My breath caught up in my throat as I returned the hug. “Will you please tell me what happened?” My bottom lip trembled as I told Luke.

“I feel so dumb.” I cried.

“Just give them time to cool down a bit. Get some rest okay?” I nodded as he covered me up with my blankets and shut off the light. I couldn’t sleep though. My mind would not shut up. It just kept screaming. It was all a jumbled mess of words.

“Shut up just shut up!” I screeched. I clawed at my skull begging for silence. “Be quiet!” I slammed my head onto my bed and tried to muffle out the voices.

“Hayley?!” Ashton called, his footsteps pounded down the hall.

“Make it shut up.” I cried. The door burst open revealing a horrified Ashton and the rest of the boys. Lilly hid behind Michael’s leg.

“Sissy!” She yelled as she ran to me. Her small arms wrapped around me. She hushed me as she stroked my hair.

“I here. I here.” She repeated.

“I know. I know.” I breathed.

“Hey I forgot my…what’s happening?” My eyes darted to the dark haired boy.

“Hayley, do you want to go…” Ashton spoke.

“No. I’m not going back to that place. Not again.” I blurted.

“Hayley you’re not well.” He pointed out.

“I am not going back to the hospital. I’m not taking those stupid pills and I’m not going to “talk about my feelings” I’m just not.”

“I can’t let you get that bad again.” He croaked.

“That didn’t stop you from leaving two years ago.” I spat.

“I get it, I made a mistake. Now will you quit throwing it back in my face?” He growled. I ripped the covers off me and pushed everyone out of the way. A hand wrapped around my wrist and pulled me back. Calums dark eyes looked into mine.

“Let go of me.” I said tugging on my arm.

“No, now stop and listen to your brother.”

“No.” I hissed.

“Please?” He begged. I yanked my arm out of his grip and pushed my way back to my room. I tugged the covers over my face.

“Will everyone just leave me alone?”