taking a tumble. sayori x monika ★彡

requested by PejuWinxloverTv
genre: fluff
warnings: none

as embarrassing as it was to admit it, sayori couldn't skate to save her life. she could when she was younger, but she hadn't in years and was too afraid to try. when she left the skating rink when she was six years old, she could feel the bruises all the way up her legs and arms from falling down. she was dreading going skating with monika, but was she? yes. she was. 

she would do anything for her friends, including monika. she was the head of the literature club, and without her, she wouldn't have met natsuki or yuri. she was grateful to monika for so many reasons, but that was the main one. she was happy when she met them, and even happier when mc joined them on their journey to spread literature and poems around the school. 

sayori was always late, but so was monika. she was actually there before the person who arranged the meet up. she felt good enough to get out of bed, and actually, go do something with someone who cared about her. she had a pair of skates sitting next to her, but she didn't want to put them on yet since she would have to use the bathroom eventually, and that meant she would have to take them off before she went. 

monika eagerly flung the door open to the skating rink, she spotted her friend sitting alone, her head down. "sayori!" she called, her hair falling behind her as she ran to her pink haired friend. "hi monika." sayori said. "i'm sorry, this is gonna be boring..." she trailed off, making monika tilt her head. "what? no it won't? it doesn't matter if you can't skate, you can always learn!" she stated, confidence filling her tone, "come on, yoyo, put on your skates."

monika slipped on her pair before sayori could even realize she got them already, and she sighed. "alright." it was a struggle to finally find a size that fit her feet, but after about three tries they managed. 

she was now standing, her arms open wide, trying to regain her balance. "relax," monika said, "having your body so tense isn't good for skating!" she told her, shaking her head, making her bow strings follow. "it's alright, who cares if you end up with bruises!" said monika, laughing, "what matters is that you have fun!" 

sayori nodded, "i guess. bruises go away!" a smile found its way onto her lips as monika followed suit a moment after. "it's okay, we can start off slow, and whenever you're ready to try on your own, tell me!" she nodded in understanding, "okay. i can do this." sayori muttered to herself. 

monika extended a hand to her friend, making sayori blush. monika was always pretty to her. "it's alright, i don't care if people look at us weird." she laughed, her hand finding her way to sayori's as she regained her balance. 

"let's go." monika helped sayori regain her balance, before skating forwards slowly. "it's okay, if we need to slow down, that's fine!" monika reassured her, giving her a patient smile. "thanks for dealing with me." sayori told her, making her brown-haired friend shake her head. "it's not called dealing with you, sayori. it's called, 'i'm your friend'." she said, smiling. "it doesn't matter if you can't skate, i'll help you learn." 

the two made their way onto the skating rink, many other girls and boys from their school were there, but they didn't pay attention to them, their only focus was on each other. sayori almost fell a couple times, but either monika helped her gain her balance back, or her other hand reached out for the wall. either way, she was getting better. 

"i want to go away from the wall." sayori said, "i want to make this less boring for you, monika." monika shook her head again, something she seemed to be doing a lot that day. "i keep telling you, sayori. it's not boring for me, i'm having fun just by helping you, okay." 

"i still want to go off of the wall, okay?" monika sighed, "okay, if that's what you want, sayori. just be careful, okay?" sayori nodded, pulling away from the wall slightly, yet losing her balance. she sped up slightly, monika losing her balance as well. they both fell, seemingly drowning in their own tears from laughter. 

"you were right, monika. this is fun." sayori begrudgingly admitted to her friend, making her smile. "i'm alright right sayori, don't fight me on it." 

words: 750+ 

a/n: sorry this is so much shorter than my other oneshots! i just ran out of ideas for it, but i hope you like it anyways :)