Chapter 5

Christiansen Grey

Carla and Dr. Greene talked by themselves for a while and Ray and I just looked at the monitor and listen what the two doctors are talking about. Then they called me over. Anabelle is still fast asleep. I hopped a little over to them. Dr. Greene showed me two blips on the screen. This is impossible, right the last time we both looked we saw only one baby. There... there... I couldn't think of anything to say further, I was really dumbfounded.

'Are you absolutely sure Dr. Greene?' I asked her again. I felt the life drain from my sore face.

'Yes, Mr. Grey.'

'Christiansen it is pretty clear on the screen, without a doubt, Anabelle is indeed carrying mono twins.'

'A mono what?' I asked again, feeling rather stupid in a room full of highly educated doctors.

'It only means, that the twin Anabelle here is carrying inside her is in the same placenta bag, growing together.' Carla explained as best she could.

'I see, how do I break this news to Anabelle?'

'You don't have to I heard everything.' Anabelle spoke sitting up looking at the four of us. 'What is going on?'

'From your fainting earlier we wanted to make absolutely sure that the baby was okay and Dr. Greene here took time out of her very fancy dinner evening to come and check in on you and then we made an astonishing discovery that shocked all of us here.' Carla explained to Anabelle.

'What? Is there something wrong with our baby?' Anabelle reached for my hand and I held her's as she clearly is in panic mode now.

'No, honey the babies are perfectly fine.'

'What do you mean babies?'

'You are pregnant with mono twins darling.'

'Twins?'

'Yes, look here.' Carla walked around and started to explain to Anabelle.

'See here are two perfect little heart beats the same size bodies and mono only means that both the babies are in one placenta.'

'How can that be possible?'

'It is just the wonder of nature darling, we can't always explain everything.'

'Are they both healthy?'

'Yes, they are. The only thing is that it is still early in your pregnancy to tell the sex's of the babies.'

'Oh, as long as they are healthy and growing the way they should everything will be great, right.'

'Yes. Of course darling.' Carla said and Dr. Greene printed us the pictures of the babies and gave it to us. Anabelle looked up at me and in her eyes, I could see she is freaking out. All I could do look at my wife with all the love I could master. I bend down with painful effort and whispered in her ear.

'We will be fine love, just relax now and get some rest. I was so worried about you earlier.'

'I feel a bit better.'

'Good I'm glad. That means the IV's are working.'

'When last have you eaten love?'

'We had dinner with my new board members in Tokyo.'

'That was three days ago. Anabelle, you need to eat properly.'

'I know I was just so worried about you that I lost my appetite, and then, I just couldn't fall asleep.'

'You haven't rested either. Anabelle?'

'I'm really sorry, so sue me for worrying about my kidnapped husband.' I bend painfully down again and gave her a kiss.