1

Narrator's POV

It was just a normal sunny day when Y/N went out to buy some materials for her art assignment, but on her way back, the sky began to turn darker and darker. Soon it started full on pouring.

Seeing that there's no way she can make it back to campus without soaking the stuff she's bought, she quickly entered a nearby shop to hide there for a while.

Entering the empty cafe, Y/N thought it'll be rude to just sit by a table till the rain is over and not order anything. So she went to the counter and waited for somebody to show up at the cash desk to take her order.

Moments later, a somewhat familiar brunette appeared from the backside of the shop and walked up to the checkout. Where have I seen this girl, Y/N thought.

"Good evening. What can I get for you today?" the barista asked.

"Uhm..." Y/N took a quick glance at the menu and ordered the first thing that she saw on it, which happened to be a Mocha Latte.

While the girl's making the order, Y/N studied the receipt with the name Camila printed on it as the person who's served her. It felt like she's heard that name maybe once or twice before, but she couldn't exactly remember from where.

Looking over at Camila, Y/N noticed how she's first struggled with the coffee machine, then with the blender and also how she has to use the recipe by her side the whole time. And somehow, Y/N thought Camila looked really cute.

After a longer than average time, Camila handed the cup of coffee over to her with a proud smile on her face. It will probably taste bad since she still doesn't have the whole recipe under her control, but at least this one looks more decent and coffee-like than the ones she's made before. Y/N took the order from her and went to a random table in the corner.

Camila unsubtly followed her and spied her from a few tables of distance, mainly because she wanted to know what her customer's reaction will be and how bad it precisely tastes.

Taking a small sip of the coffee while being well-aware of Camila's obvious staring, Y/N tried to swallow down the liquid without spitting it out. It wasn't necessarily disgusting, but... it just tasted really salty. So much salt that Y/N assumed the barista has mistaken the salt for sugar, which is actually true, by the way. Though, instead of making a disgusted face, she held her thumbs up at Camila, making the girl's face to lit up fondly.

For some reason, seeing Camila so happy about this small 'achievement' made Y/N happy too, not the normal kind of happy, more like this little spark feeling.

As if on cue, the sky began to clear up and finally stopped raining when Y/N finished her drink.

-

The next day, Y/N ended up going to that same coffee shop again. She kept telling herself that she's just going there because of the coffee, but deep down she knows that that's a big ass lie.

Walking into the cafe, she saw that it was more packed this time and that there's another woman behind the counter instead of Camila.

Disappointment slowly crept its way in, but Y/N just shrugged it off. There's no reason to feel disappointed about not seeing someone who she's only met once in her life before, right?

The queue was barely moving at all, but in some kind of way, Y/N didn't regret all this waiting for a coffee she isn't even interested in.

In the meantime, Camila was engaged in a conversation with her professor and is finally able to slip away from it.

Hurrying her way to her workplace, Camila was met with the girl she recognizes as the one who's come here the day before too. The brunette thought that she was a nice customer, because yesterday after Y/N has left the shop, she went to try and taste the remaining coffee in the blender and well, let's say Camila now knows that she'd lied when she complimented her. Although, she, surprisingly, wasn't even a tiny bit upset about it when she found out.