4

Narrator's POV

A couple of months has passed by since Camila last saw Y/N. She figured that her 'maybe' to her question of whether they'll ever see each other again probably meant no.

And... over the course, she's realized that maybe she likes Y/N a lot more than she thought she did. But she'll respect her decision of not showing up again, because she knows the girl most likely has a lot of shit on her mind right now and there might be a lot of other things and people playing a role in this. It still sucks though.

The truth is, nobody's stopping Y/N from doing anything but herself. Her worries, and maybe her pride make her overthink everything and it almost feels like she's... ashamed and embarrassed to show herself. If only she can get over those negative thoughts.

-

Classes went by painfully slow like it has been for these past three months. Every day, Camila would literally sprint from campus to the coffee shop right after her last class, secretly hoping that Y/N would miraculously enter the café one day. That never happened. So after a month or so, she kinda gave up on that hope.

She entered the coffee shop per usual and slumped her way to the staff room to change into her work attire, completely blocking everyone in the shop out.

Stepping up behind the counter, she took notice of a customer sitting in the corner. Even though that person is facing her with her back, from the looks of it, she looked a lot like a certain Y/E/C-eyed girl.

She cautiously made her way over to the girl once she made sure every customer has gotten their order. When she's close enough, she was able to peek at a sketch on a napkin, "Is that coffee? The sky, I mean."

"Yeah..." Y/N said as the pen moved across the napkin for a couple more lines to finish off her little drawing, "I accidentally spilled a little bit from the cup... and then I got bored, so..." she spun the pen in her hands to say that she's decided to draw something on it without using words.

Camila completely forgot that she still had a coffee shop to look after and went to take a seat across from Y/N, watching her admirably as the other girl continued with her little artwork. Having each other's company felt nice, even though there were no words exchanged between them.

Suddenly, there was this series of aggressive knocks on a table, followed by someone clearing their throat loudly. Camila's head quickly whipped up and glanced over to a queue of impatient customers waiting for her to take their orders. The barista mumbled a small apology and excused herself before dashing off behind the counter again. Y/N's lips curved into a small smile and she shook her head to herself.

When she's finally done serving other people, she practically ran back to Y/N's table. And of course, she would find it empty. She should've expected this. Sighing to herself, she went to plop down on the seat Y/N was sitting on not too long ago. That's when she noticed that the girl's left the napkin on the table.

She picked up the square piece of paper and let her finger ran over, what she assumes is the initials of Y/N's name and the date scribbled at the bottom of the drawing. Yeah... her drawing looks a lot more legible than her writing, but that's kind of expectable though.