2

Previously on... this story: Camila and Y/N were somewhere between barista-customer and friends. Y/N's charming skills were poor but it did have its effects on the barista. They were on pretty good terms and then suddenly, one day, Y/N disappeared without a word. She just never came back to the coffee shop, her dorm or just school in general.

Narrator's POV

The bells on top of the shop's door rang, signaling that someone has entered. "Sorry, we're clos--..." Camila stopped mid-sentence and dropped the cleaning sponge she was holding as she turned around and faced the just arrived customer.

Soft taps on the ground were heard as Y/N slowly made her way to the ordering place. Meanwhile, the barista's just standing there with wide eyes and thousands of thoughts racing through her mind. Camila silently stood on her tiptoes and glanced down at the white cane Y/N's holding, her gaze then went back up again and stared straight into those dark sunglasses covering her customer's eyes.

"Can I have a black coffee, please?"

"Oh, uhm, yeah. Coming right away..." Camila went to prepare the plain beverage without another word and couldn't help but constantly peeked at her. No matter how bad she wants to know what has happened, she thinks it's best to not question it if Y/N doesn't start talking about it first.

"Here you go..." Camila put the coffee on the counter and watched how Y/N's hand searched for it aimlessly. Hesitating for a second, Camila grabbed her hand and placed it around the cup. "Thanks," Y/N mumbled before she slipped her hand out of Camila's, completely ignoring the shot of electricity that just went through her body by that simple touch, and began to leave.

"Wait, Y/N!" The customer hummed in response, but didn't bother to turn around and face her, "Will I see you again?" Camila asked unsurely.

"I don't know."

"Okay," Camila sighed out. She was obviously disappointed hearing that, but it's not like she expected an answer much different from the one she got after seeing her again in a state like this.

"You know... your coffee is better than I remembered."

"Thanks." Camila doesn't know what took over her, but she found herself walking over to Y/N to face her and slowly raised her hand, waving in front of Y/N's face to see if she would have any reactions. Y/N sighed deeply, put the cup she's holding down and stopped Camila's hand.

The barista's face flushed with embarrassment and she quickly withdrew her arm, "Sorry."

"Just so you know, I can actually feel the movements your hands make and it's not like I can't see anything."

"What does that mean?"

"There's just a huge blur blocking the center of everything I look at. But I'm still able to see a bit of the stuff around it."

"Oh..."

Y/N cleared her throat and tried to avoid any more awkward moments, "Well, you were about to close, right? I guess I'll--"

"No, it's alright, I can close the shop later," Camila quickly said, cutting Y/N's sentence off. She didn't intend to sound so desperate about keeping Y/N here longer, but she couldn't help it. "Let's take a seat." Camila took off her apron and hesitated again, she didn't know if she should lead Y/N to a table or let her walk by herself. Last moment, she decided to go for the first one, "Is it okay if I touch your arm?" Y/N nodded, so Camila placed Y/N's unoccupied hand on her own forearm and led her to a spacious booth.

"I didn't remember we're being friends. How did we go from 'Miss' to... calling each other by the name?"

"Oh... uhm... I-uh.." Camila was so flustered by this that she couldn't get any other words out except for the stutters.