2.

Neal Cassidy looked at the tower from afar. He and his family lived only a few houses away but every summer he came to the tower. It was his private place. Even when the house was occupied.

He walked over and used his rope to climb up like usually but what he didn't expect was to find the tower now occupied by a beautiful young woman. He gapsed and almost fell over in shock.

Regina also gasped. "Who are you and what are you doing here?" She demanded.

"I...I'm Neal. Don't worry I'm not here to hurt you or anything. I thought this place was empty. " He explained a bit startled by her striking beauty.

"It was until this year. It was renovated. Do you come here often? " She asked and crossed her arms, raising an eyebrow at him.

"Uhm, yeah. I come here to think. " He explained. "I'm sorry. Are you going to call the police now?" He asked a little worried.

Regina chuckled. "No, I won't. I could use a friend. " She explained and sat down on the floor beside him.

Neal was really surprised. He didn't expect this from her. After all he had just broken into her room. "You don't have any friends?" He asked really surprised. He thought a girl as beautiful as her would be totally popular.

"No. I am inside most of the time. I am home schooled. My mom is really overprotective. " She explained and sighed.

Neal nodded slowly. "Your mom is Cora Mills, right?" He asked. He knew Cora Mills because she and his father were enemies.

"Yeah. You know her?" She asked surprised and looked into his eyes.

"Uhm, yeah. She and my father are kind of enemies. " He explained to her and almost lost himself in her intense brown eyes. She was so gorgeous and innocent.

"Your father must be Robert Gold then. The Senator. " She said with a soft sigh and tucked a lock of her long hair behind her ear.

"Yeah he is. I know he and your mother have completely different views. "He replied and looked at her gently.

"Yeah. He is religious and my mother is a scientist. " She sighed. "but I don't agree with my mother. She doesn't believe in God. I do. She didn't even allow me to have a quinceranera. " She answered and played with her hair slightly.

"Wow that's harsh. You are adopted right?" He asked her curiously.

"Yeah. She adopted me from Puerto Rico as a baby. " She said in agreement. "she is really strict but she loves me and my sister. It's just hard sometimes. She is so overprotective and never really let's me out of her sight when she isn't working. "

Neal nodded. He felt sad that she was stuck here and not allowed to be herself. "that's truly terrible. But you don't have to be alone anymore. I can be your friend. I can come here every night. " He said gently and stroked her silky soft locks.

Regina smiled and wiped some tears away she hadn't realized they had been falling. "that would be lovely. " She said happily and hugged him tightly.

Neal was slightly startled when she hugged him but he wrapped his arms around her and held her close, rubbing her back soothingly. "it's late. I should let you get some sleep. I will be back tomorrow around the same time. " He said as he broke the hug and then climbed down the tower carefully.

Regina watched him leave and then went to get ready for bed and laid down in her king sized bed and closed her big brown eyes with a soft smile on her face.