Chap 6.

We walked in silence as we wandered down the new path. The air grew more stagnant as we travelled deeper into the pyramid. Finally we came into another opened room, me and Maxwell each moved to a side of the room, scanning the sides for danger as we walked, fingers on triggers. It was dark and my eyes saw things that weren't really there. I looked forward down the end of the corridor and saw two statues of that...thing from before, I think. They looked like humans, really. There was a loud clank behind and I whirled around, aiming my rifle at Weyland. I sighed softly, lowering the weapon as he leaned on the wall, gasping for breath. I looked down at what had caused the noise, the weapon, artefact, they had taken from the sarcophagus.

"Weyland"

Lexa walked to him quickly as he bent down breathing heavily he picked it back up.

"Leave it. It can only slow us down"

Weyland looked at Lexa, knowing he should, but couldn't.

"Too much has been lost to leave here with nothing"

He looked down as he tried to take a deep breath, gripping the artefact. Lexa sighed softly and turned around.

"Give it to me"

Weyland took little time to open her backpack and slide the object in. I looked back to Maxwell as he looked up quickly then raised his gun and started firing at something. I whirled around to fire as a net shot out of the darkness, hitting Maxwell and pinning him to the wall of rock. I turned again and walked backwards as the others ran to him as he struggled in the netting. I scanned the darkness, not yet pulling the trigger. I had no bullet I could waste. I looked back as Weyland gasped in pain as he tried to pull the netting off. He let go quickly, his gloves sliced. Sebastian took his knife out and tried to cut it, the netting slicing the blade in two.

"Look out!"

Maxwell eyes focused on something, even as he yelled in pain as the netting cut into him. I whirled around, coming face to face with one of the creatures that was depicted in the statues. I raised my gun and went to fire as Lexa pulled her pickaxe out and rushed it.

"Lexa move!"

I lowered my rifle and ran to the side of the room, kneeling. The creature whacked Lexa like she was nothing, before she could even get a swing in. She rolled across the room gruffly and it hit Weyland next. Sebastian rammed his fist into its gut and it stopped walking for a second to look down then back at Sebastian as it snatched him by the throat and lifted him off the ground as his legs kicked under him. I looked down the scope of my rifle. I lined a shot up with its helmet and fired, the shot ricocheted off. I looked up in disbelief as it held out a metal handle, a large spear extending from the handle . It raised it up then slammed it down into the pinned Maxwell, silencing the man. It must have driven it with such force, because you heard the spear pierce the concrete wall. We couldn't face anything like that. I shook my head and raised my rifle, aiming at the arm that held Sebastian. I fired once, the bullet scraping between the armour on its arms, slicing the crook of its elbow. Its head snapped to me, these tendrils like dreadlocks flying through the air at the quick movement. I stood, watching as a bright green liquid oozed from the cut. It dropped Sebastian and started charging, its footfalls heavy, enough so I could feel the vibration through the ground.

"Get the others and run Sebastian!"

I backed up as I started firing, the shots bouncing off its armour chest. I cursed softly and lowered my aim, firing into its thigh. It didn't slow it down and I took too long. It swung its arm and I brought my rifle up to take the impact. It knocked my own gun into my chest and I skidded across the room, slamming into the wall I slid down as I gasped for breath, the wind knocked out of me. I looked up and my eye caught Lexa going flying across the room and into a pillar. In front of her stood a almost invisible IT. How many were there?

"Lexa"

I raised my gun, aiming at the creature near Lexa. I didn't have time to pull the trigger as a long black spiked tail lowered. It drove its barb forward and sliced through the chest of the invisible warrior. Green blood splattered the tail and it bellowed in pain. It cracked with a form of electricity as it was slowly lifted off the floor and raised up to a narrow passage high in the wall, the cloak fading and revealing itself. A black...thing appeared from the darkness. It had no eyes, no nothing but a drooling mouth with fine sharp clear teeth. It hissed loudly and spread its mouth wide open. A...tongue shot from its mouth, the tongue harbouring another sharp toothed mouth. It dived into the helmet of the creature, splattering green blood on the floor at Lexa's feet. I looked up quickly at the alien warrior, who had lost all interest. It growled, almost a roar as it watched the black nightmare throw the body away. The warrior turned away from me two blades extending from its wrist. The black monster with the barbed tail screeched as the warrior charged with a roar.