SOCIAL SCIENCE BUILDING

Schools are always infested with haunted stories. This is more noticeable to big and old universities, especially those whose roots started at the Spanish era. As time progresses, the chilling stories of each school is pass on to generation to generation. Some of these stories died out, while others are forged by time. My school has one and its story is true. Why can I strongly confirm that its true? Because the evidence was never removed (or can't be in this situation).

The Social Science building is one of the oldest building in our campus. The building harbors most of the departments related to the school's education course. In the past the sixth floor of the building was said to be a morgue. When I enrolled in  this school it was removed and became a free floor- a floor for other PE classes or used by several school clubs for practicing.

The most interesting fact about the SS building is that its elevator is closed. As in, there are metal bars in each floor blocking the doors of the elevator. If that ain't creepy enough, there are times when the elevator opens on its own. I said that because I witness it personally.

The SS building has a bridge that connects the buildings adjacent to it. So in traversing towards the STC Building (which is at the right side of the SS), I would usually pass through the SS building. It was really quiet and I was the lone person in the hall. As I was passing by the elevator, its doors suddenly opened. That startled me and caused me to run away.

Now, many of you would think that "maybe there was a maintenance" or anything near that line of thinking. After I recovered from running, I thought the same thing, but then I remembered that there is no electricity running it.

After that incident I researched about the history of that building, specifically about that elevator. I found some really interesting things about it. First, that elevator has never been replaced. Therefore, when the sixth floor of the SS building was still a morgue, that elevator is what they use. Also, the shutting down of the elevator happened 6 years ago for safety reasons.

However rumor has it that those "safety reasons" weren't really the reason. The reason is pretty scary. The story goes like this:

This story takes place after the sixth floor was renovated. There is this priest who has heading to the Religious Studies Department on the SS Building. Being quite old and having shaky bones, the priest decided to take a shortcut... to ride the elevator.

He entered alone. there weren't problems except that the elevator was clicked to go to the sixth floor. "This must be another prankster's joke" he murmured to himself. Now, the RS Department is in the fifth floor and while the elevator was climbing up, it stopped in the third floor. "These students need to be disciplined" he thought.

The door opened revealing no one outside. He press the button for closing the door and the elevator quietly closed its doors. He reached the fifth floor. He was about to step outside when he was brushed aside by a running girl.

It was shocking, not because the girl appeared out of nowhere, rather because the girl came inside the elevator! The same elevator he was riding alone. Finally stepping outside after seconds of shock, when he turned his view inside the elevator.... there it was. A floating girl, wearing white. The priest was so stunned that he black out.

When he came through, he was already inside the RS Department's room, surrounded by the staff of the department. When he asked what happened, all he can say is that "Babae.... nakaputi... lumulutang.... sa likod nyo!"