Chapter four

It's been almost a week since the car crash and I still couldn't find the real owner of this necklace.

Here I am, in a coffee shop all alone. I'm such a loner. Pfft.

I got up to get my order.

"One cup of coffee please." I told the lady at the counter and she nodded as she gets my order. "Thank you." I smiled.

I turn around and I accidentally bumped into this guy causing my coffee to spill all over me. "What the hell?!" I yelled catching the other costumers' attention.

"Oh my goodness. I'm so sorry miss. Are you okay?"

"Zac?" He looks at me as soon as he heard me calling his name. "Hi Ness." He smiled.

I got up and grabbed a tissue from my bag and started wiping it on my clothes in hope that some of the coffee stains will somehow fade.

"I'm so sorry Ness. I didn't mean-"

"No it's absolutely fine." I crack a smile and he nodded.

"I can buy you a new coffee if you want." He told me and I looked at him. "You would really do that?"

"For a guy who bumped you, yeah." I smiled at his statement. "Yes please." I smiled at him and he went to the counter to order another cup of coffee.

Why is he being nice?

I sat down in my seat and I took out my phone. "Got your coffee." He smiled at me and I smiled back. I grabbed it and took a drink.

"Can I sit here?"

Uhh....

"Sure." Really Ness? Really??

He sat down and grabbed a newspaper. "I have a shirt in my car if you want to change." He told me.

"No I'm fine. Besides, the stain's not too obvious isn't it?" He stared at the stain for a minutes before looking back at me. "It's obvious." He looked at me and I nodded.

Then he went back into reading the newspaper. "Zac, no offense but...why are you so being nice to me?" I ask him.

"It's because you're a human." He smirked and I gave him an unsatisfied face making him laugh. "Just joking." He told me and I nod.

I look at the window, daydreaming.

"Ness? Is there something wrong?" Zac asks me.

"No nothing. Absolutely nothing."

"You're lying." I rolled my eyes.

"It's just....I found this necklace and uhh....it sort of saved me." I explained to him and he looks quite impressed.

"Really? It must be a lucky charm to you now." He smiles. "Yeah."

"Uhh Zac?" He looked at me with his blue eyes twinkling at my brown ones making me hypnotize.

"Why are you so being nice to me? When in fact...."I paused. "I was the one who broke up with you." I continued and he gave a small laugh. "It doesn't matter Ness. Just because that person did something bad to you doesn't mean you have to do the same. Besides, we're all human beings. Therefore we should treat each other in the same way." He explains making me smile.

"You know, you should be a philosophy teacher one day." I joked and he laughed.

"So....I heard you broke up with Austin." He replied. To my surprise, there was no sign of jealousy in his face. He was plain calm.

"Yeah." My voice was low. "Are you okay?" He asks.

"Kind of. Still...I'm a little depressed." I replied and he nodded.

"Don't worry. Besides, maybe in the future....you'll meet a boy who'll love you and will treat you the way you're suppose to be treated." He smiles at me and I smiled back.

"Thanks Zac." I smiled at him.

Then he looks at the window and suddenly stood up. "I have to go." He says then he walks out leaving me alone.

I took the necklace out of my pocket and put in. Then I got up and decided to go as well.

Since there was no parking lot in the coffee shop, I parked my car at a car park across the street.

While crossing the street, a taxi driver whom I assume was out of his mind, almost hit me.

I definitely fell to the ground.

"Miss are you okay?" The taxis driver gets of the car and checks whether I was ok. Although I wasn't okay, I still managed to crack a smile.

"I'm fine thank you." I smiled at him and he extended his arms to help me get up. "Thank you." I smiled at me.

"I'm so sorry miss Hudgens. Please don't hate me." I chuckled, "I won't. I'm fine." I told him.

"Thanks Miss. Hope you're okay now." He smiled as he goes back to his car. Both of us waved a goodbye as we part ways.

Then I realized......

The necklace saved me again.