When She Turns 23

March 2, 2018, 11:00 pm:

TD: *opens M's van to place some flowers and gifts for M handed to them by fans who saw them earlier from their car*Ano ba yan? Ang laki laki mong tao, diyan ka nagtatago. *laughs at R who is trying to hide behind the backseat of M's van*

R: Hello po, Tatay. Mano po. *reaches for TD's hand and touches it to his forehead* Isu-surprise ko po kasi si Meng. Akala po kasi nasa taping pa ako. Sssshhh... *makes the silence sign*

TD: Ah okay. Ssshhh...

ND: Teddy, bakit ang tagal mo... Uy! Nak, anong ginagawa mo diyan?

R: Hi, Nay. *reaches for ND's hand and touches it to his forehead*

TD: Ssshhh... Pagka-ingay nito. Surprise nga. Surprise. Asan na ba si Menggay?

ND: Nasa loob pa sila nina Dean at Nico. May mga nagpapa-picture at bumabati. Surprise ba? Sige, nak. Tago. Pero teka oh. *hands R a small packet of tissues* Pawis ka na diyan eh. Bakit ba hindi pa paandarin itong sasakyan para ma-On ang aircon? Palabas na din naman si Meng.

Driver: Paandarin ko na po, Ma'am.

ND: Sige, maige pa. Nak, dun muna kami ng Ta...

Ate Niki: Uy! Alden!

TD and ND: Ssshhh!

Ate Niki: Ay! Surprise. Sorry. *smiles awkwardly and makes a peace sign*

R: Hi, Ate. Happy Birthday ulit.

AN: Thank you ulit. Thank you din sa flowers at sa cake at sa pa-fiesta sa branch. Halos di maubos ng staff eh.

R: You're welcome po. Si Matti?

AN: Andun. Tawagin ko ba? Gusto mo nang mabuko ang surprise?

R: Sabi ko nga. Mamaya na lang po. *chuckles* Nay, Tay, Ate, nai-text ko na po kanina pero sasabihin ko na din po ng personal kung pwede po sana kayo sumama sandali sa salubong ng birthday...

AN: Sure!

TD&ND: Oo naman!

R: *smiles widely* Sige po. Thank you po.

AN: Ayan na si Menggay! *walks over to M and hugs her goodnight*

TD: *watches the sisters smile and hug each other then greet each other Happy Birthday before going their separate ways* Hala oo nga. Sige, nak. Sara na namin to.

R: Okay po.

ND: Good luck, nak. *smiles at R before closing the door*

M: *walks to her van with her brothers while Coleen joins AN and Kuya John with Matti* Oh, Tay, Nay, dito po ba kayo sasakay?

TD: Ah... Hindi, nak. Pauwi na kami ng Nanay.

M: Po? Pero...

ND: Oo nga, anak. May maaga pa kaming meeting ni Tatay bago manood ng Bulaga bukas.

M: Pero, Nay...

TD: Sige, anak ha? Baka gabihin na kami ng Nanay sa daan eh. *hugs M and kisses her forehead*

M: Tatay, hindi po ba...

ND: Ba-bye, Menggay ko. Bukas na lang ulit. Love you. *hugs M tight and kisses her cheek*

M: Nay, di po ba kayo mags-stay para...

TD&ND: Ingat, nak. Bye! *wave and leave M by the van's door, get in their car*

M: *sighs sullenly and whispers* Magbi-birthday na po ako.

Dean: Menggay...

M: Dean! Sasamahan mo naman ako di ba? Nasa taping pa kasi si RJ tapos si Nanay at Tatay...

Dean: Sasama muna ako kay Kuya ha?

M: Ha?

Dean: You know... Boys bonding. Shot shot ganyan.

M: Ngayon talaga? Malapit na mag-12 oh...

Dean: *holds M's arms, smiles* Nakapag-celebrate na naman na tayo ng birthday niyo, di ba?

M: Pero...

Dean: Sige ha? Love you, Menggay. *hugs M and runs off to Nico's car*

M: Wala na... Ayun na nga... *pouts and touches her belly* Koochi ko, mukhang tayong dalawa na lang ang sasalubong sa birthday ni Mama. *sighs and opens the door, gets in the van and sulks as the driver starts maneuvering the vehicle out of the parking lot*

Driver: Ma'am, diretso na po ba sa condo?

M: *sits quietly for a while, absentmindedly rubbing her belly slowly, checks her watch, less than an hour before her birthday, sighs* Sige, Kuya.

Driver: Okay po. *looks at M* Mas maganda po kayo pag naka-smile, Ma'am. Magbi-birthday pa naman kayo.

M: Kuya, ha. Kumportable ka nang china-charot ako. *chuckles* In fairness... Effective. *sighs and stares out the window until her thoughts draws her to her silence again, closes her eyes*

R: Akala ko effective na charotero si Kuya, bakit tahimik ka na ulit? *grins as he appears behind M*

M: *shrieks and screams a variety of colorful languages in her surprise, almost hitting R with her purse at one point*

R: Hala! Oh... Kalma. *holds an arm up to shield himself from her purse while he holds a bouquet of flowers and balloons in the other*

M: *exhales a heavy sigh, clutches her chest and belly*

R: Uy, Love. Okay ka lang? *frowns and leans over the backrest to check on M*

M: *hits his arm, pouts* Bakit ka ba kasi nangugulat? *glares at R whose upper body is now over the backrest as he tries to go over and sit beside her*

R: Surprise? *grins, his face only inches from hers* Happy Birthday.

M: Hindi ko pa Birthday. *crosses her arms over her chest and pouts*

R: Mamaya pa nga. *quickly kisses her nose then swings his legs over the backrest and sits beside her* Wag ka na tampo, Love, please. Sige na. Smile na. *smiles and tickles her ear*

M: Wag ka nga. *turns her head away*

R: Eto oh. Meron ako flowers tsaka balloons oh. Ganda yan para sa baby girl ko. *puckers his lips and wrinkles his nose as he talks to her in a cooing tone* Sige na. Lablab ko yan eh. Wag na galit ha?

M: *pouts and sniffles* Ano bang ginagawa mo dito? May work ka di ba?

R: Siyempre tinapos ko na. Birthday ng reyna ko eh. *scoots closer to M and leans his face towards hers to gently rub his nose on her cheek, setting the bouquet on her lap* Pwede ba namang wala ako sa tabi mo pagpatak ng alas dose? Hindi pwede yun! Gagawan ko ng paraan yan. Siyempre ikaw ang priority ko. *pokes M's nose*

M: Talaga?

R: Andito ako di ba? *smiles* Talagang-talaga.

M: *sobs softly and flings her arms over his shoulders then buries her face on the crook of his neck*

R: Halaaaah... Ssshhh... *hugs M tightly with one arm across her back as he gently strokes her hair and back* Tahan na, baby ko. *kisses her temple* Birthday na birthday oh.

M: *sniffles and struggles to speak in between sobs* A-akala k-ko talaga... A-ako l-lang mag-isa. Kami lang ulit n-ni Koochi. *sobs*

R: Pwede ba naman yun? Hindi papayag si Papa siyempre. Tama na yan. Andito na ako. Tahan na. *kisses her temple as he brushes hair away from her face and tucks it behind her ear, whispers* I love you. Hindi ko na hahayaan na malungkot ka ulit. Happy Birthday. *smiles as he presses a soft kiss on her lobe then her cheek, her jaw and her neck*

M: *turns her tear-streaked face towards his, whispers back* Thank you. I love you more.

R: *smiles as he cups her face and wipes her tears with his thumbs, looks deep into her eyes* I love you most. *touches his lips on hers and kisses her slowly, gently, lovingly as he caresses her hair and neck*

M: *sighs contentedly and snuggles on his chest after the kiss as R holds her close, closes her eyes and falls asleep with a little smile on her face for the rest of the trip* 💛🍃