~2~

Before I knew it, Niall was gone, and Harry and I were walking in the forest behind my house.

"Kayla, babe, I just want you to know that I will always be here for you, you know that?" Harry stopped and looked me in the eyes.

I got lost in his beautiful emerald green eyes, there isn't a day when I don't.

"I know." I said quietly.

Harry embraced me into a hug and I practically fell into his arms.

"Can we go to the tree?" I asked him.

A smile came upon his face, "Of course."

When we were little, Harry and I would always go play in the forest and one day, we found this huge tree and it was perfect because its branches were thick enough for the both of us, even today to walk and sit on. I still go there time to time to clear my mind or to relax and read a book.

Harry and I started walking to the tree that's in the middle of the forest. Harry's hand brushed against mine, and I held his hand. Harry intertwined our fingers and we approached the tree.

"It's still up and healthy." Harry said in amazement and started to climb the tree.

"Well, I have to admit, I've been coming here to clear my mind." I told him, climbing the other side of the tree.

I climbed to one of the highest branches and sat down on it, letting my legs swing.

Harry sat next to me and said, "How do you like him?" His voice was quiet and confused.

"Niall?" I asked him, confused as well.

"Yeah, he can never love you as much as I do." I can feel Harry's gaze burn into my hazel eyes, "He doesn't know you as well as I do. Does he even know your favorite color, or movie?" Harry sounded as if that was the only thing on his mind.

"I don't know." I told him without thinking.

"How long have you known him? Four? Five years? We've known each other since the day you were born, July 30th, 1994. We grew up together, we played together, and our families have been close for generations." He speaks the truth.

"Harry-I." He cut me off.

"Kayla, I don't trust him. I have a feeling that he's going to hurt you. If he ever hurts you, tell me and I swear that I will make him pay." Harry's being dead serious, I'm pretty sure that Niall won't hurt me though.

"Harry, Niall won't hurt me." I told him.

"Babe, trust me, okay? He almost punched you." He told me, with a hint of anger in his voice and worried eyes.

"I'll be careful, okay? But nothing bad is going to happen." I tried to reassure him.

Harry took my hand and kissed it before jumping down.

He put his arms out, as if he was going to catch me, "C'mon, love, let's go back."

I jumped down, and Harry caught me, "Thank you." I told him as he put me down.

We walked back to my house and Niall was leaning against the door with his head down, looking at his phone.

His head lifted as we walked up, "I can take her from here, Harry, thanks for watching her for me. But you really don't have to." Niall said to Harry.

"Babe, if he gives you any trouble, I'm just a phone call away." Harry said to me, completely ignoring what Niall has said.

"Okay." I told him and with that, Harry left.

"I'm sorry that you had to witness that, and I'm sorry for almost punching you." Niall said apologetically.

"It's okay." I smiled.

"Okay, I know that this is the wrong time to say this, well ask you this, but I'm going to anyways." Niall seemed really nervous.

"What is it, Ni?" I asked him.

He put his hand on the back of his neck and looked at the flood before dropping his arm and looking at me, "Kayla, I love you, from the moment we met, I've loved you. The only thing that I want to do is protect you, and make you happy. So, would you be my girlfriend?"

Did he seriously just say that? Really?

My fathers' death is when you ask me out?

Wow, that's just something.

"Yes." What the hell am I doing!?

Why did I say yes!?

SAMMMIE NOO!! YouTube reference...

Before I knew it, Niall picked me up, spun me around and kissed me.

I felt...nothing.

It was as if I just kissed my best friend, I did.

Why did I say yes, okay, who put crack in my bacon this morning? This is too weird, I don't like this, but Niall is happy. Oh my god! Harry! What is he going to think? What is he going to say? He's going to kill Niall, no, he's going to kill me. Oh my god, oh my god, oh my god. You know what, I can't make everyone happy, so I'm just going to make Niall happy, I guess.

"Kayla, babe, want to tell Harry about us?" He had an evil grin.

Having Niall call me "babe" sent chills down my spine, and not the good chills. It felt abnormal, like it's not supposed to happen. When Harry calls me "babe" it feels right, but now when it's coming out of Nialls' mouth, it feels like a Black Widow has bitten me and drained all of my blood like a vampire. Nialls' kiss feels weird, I don't like kissing my best friend. Maybe if I sleep on it, the feeling will go away and I'll think of Niall as my boyfriend instead of my best friend.

"Babe, want to to out tomorrow? Maybe to the beach, or a movie?" he asked me, I'm getting a bad vibe from him.

"Erm, can we go to a movie?" I asked him, not wanting to go to the beach with him even though we used to when we were best friends.

"Of course, babe." My god, if he calls me 'babe' one more time, I'm going to slap him.

"Why do you call me that?" I asked him.

He seemed offended, "I'm sorry?"

"I'm sorry, but I don't like being called babe." I told him.

"Then why do you let him call you babe? I'm your boyfriend, I should be able to call you babe." I shouldn't said that.

Quick, think of something!

...Perfect.

"Exactly, you're my boyfriend, you should give me your own cute nickname, not someone else's'. It's not special if you take someone's instead of making your own.' I told him.

"Good idea, darling." Niall said.

Thank the lord for not having him call me babe again.

"Um, Niall, I'm feeling pretty tired, can I take a nap?" Now he can leave to I can tell Harry.

Niall took my wrists, walked in my house, and lead me to the couch. He sat down, then pulled me to him so we were cuddling. This is not what I wanted.

For some odd reason, I feel really calm, though. I feel safe, I closed my eyes and fell into a dreamless sleep.